REMEY VLS .204

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Re: REMEY VLS .204

Post by kenbrofox »

Hi Paddy, sorry for delay in reply, been in the next country for a few days. Last hornady 204 ammo i bought was a few months ago and it cost £14 50... about 16 euros? for 20 rounds. I also shoot a 17 fireball, the factory ammo for that is about £30 for twenty. Reloading obviously brings the price down a great deal and gives more bullet weight choices.
The only things bigger than a fox where i live, which could legally be shot are dogs endangering other animals or people and i have not come across that situation. Cheers, ken. :)
' Pay it forward buddy '
paddy 09
.204 Ruger Guns: remy 700 vls

Post by paddy 09 »

The rounds are a lot cheaper in the uk ! .Hoping to do some shooting on wild goats over here this winter .Should be hard hitting enought when i read that lads are shooting deer at times with the .204.
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

Paddy, don't know how tough your goats are, i think you may get splash wounds if you hit bone on the way in using a 20 cal. I'm no expert, maybe someone with more knowledge will express an opinion. Regards, ken.
' Pay it forward buddy '
JBinMontana
.204 Ruger Guns: H&R Handi Rifle 22" Bull Barrel

Post by JBinMontana »

After I see what my new barrel does in the H&R Handi Rifle with its 12 twist barrel, I probably will be considering a bolt action rifle as a new addition to my currently growing collection :lol:

I will be looking at a Savage for sure, with its accu-trigger with good optics for long range work as well. This of course does not mean that I won't look at other makes of bolt action rifles, that are in the line up being currently used in the 204 Ruger.
JB
giterdone
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV-Savage 12VLP-T/C Encore SS all in .204 Ruger

Post by giterdone »

JB,....You live in the home land of Kimber. There are quite a few Kimber shooters on this forum. They say... for the extra dollars it is more gun for the money over a Savage. I happen to like the average man's rifle known as Savage. Could be a Kimber in .204 Ruger might be in your future? :wink:
John Moses Browning made the west safe for Winchesters
JBinMontana
.204 Ruger Guns: H&R Handi Rifle 22" Bull Barrel

Post by JBinMontana »

giterdone wrote:JB,....You live in the home land of Kimber. There are quite a few Kimber shooters on this forum. They say... for the extra dollars it is more gun for the money over a Savage. I happen to like the average man's rifle known as Savage. Could be a Kimber in .204 Ruger might be in your future? :wink:
Ah yes, Kimber rifles are a finely made firearm... I will see, and if I do it will just take me longer to save for it. :wink:
JB