700 triggers

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
Lenard
.204 Ruger Guns: 700 Remington

700 triggers

Post by Lenard »

I have read on some sites, that the pre '06 triggers have been exchanged on the actions of an '06 and later action. Apparently there must be some differences as some companies advertise pre and post model triggers.

Anyone have a rational answer to this?

Lenard
Lenard

Re: 700 triggers

Post by Lenard »

Well, I just got the answer. All 700's will take the same trigger, whether supplied by an after market maker. The difference is in the bolt release and the safety. So if you buy a pre '06 model 700, the triggers will fit but that does not mean the safety can be transferred to the post '06 triggers.
Lenard

Post by Lenard »

I just received and mounted my new Rifle Basix trigger this afternoon. First off, it is a nice looking piece. I was quite delighted when I sighted in on some targets at 300+ yards and got such a nice let off. The trigger weight was set at 10 oz's which makes me happy. I will just leave it there. I know it is not a Jewell, but it is more than sufficient for shooting varmints. Now we will see if I can wring some accuracy out of the gun.

Lenard
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I tried to adjust my trigger on my LVSF. It is a new rifle. I soaked the trigger in all kinds of oils and solvants and couldn't get the screw adjustment in the rear to let loose. I finely put the rifle back to gather and the trigger seems to be a little lighter now. I am disapointed that I was unable to get there glue off the most important adjustment. I payed about a $150 dollars over the market price for the rifle and hate the idea of dropping another $150 dollars for a trigger I can adjust.
Lenard

Post by Lenard »

Ryan, I was in he same boat. Still am, for that matter. Can't get any accuracy out of mine. I have tried a half dozen powder/bullet combinations or more and I would be lucky to kill 50% on sage rats at 100 yards. The barrel was broke in properly and kept clean. I am going to work on the crown. My gun has so many things wrong, and I hope yours is much better.

Lenard