Three Savage Builds

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
Clover_Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR100

Re: Three Savage Builds

Post by Clover_Shooter »

Good job- acloco. Where you fire forming your 6.5x55 brass or was it already done!
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Already fireformed the 50 brass. Of interest, I loaded middle of the road load for a standard 6.5x55 and fireformed the brass this way. Actually produced very good groups doing this as well.

Thought about doing the cream of wheat or other methods, but figured why dirty a barrel with garbage.

At the suggestion of another member, there is always something to learn, so make use of your rounds, whether it is fireforming or not.
acloco

Post by acloco »

Between weather, work, and the holidays...and no time when I need time, we were able to sneak out to a 700 yard range.

Pic is the results of 50 gr of H4831, CCI LR magnum primer, Win cases previously fireformed, 142 gr Sierra MK's, and the resulting 5 shot group. I don't know how good this group could have been, I muffed shot 4 and did not care about shot #5 (yes, lesson learned!!).

Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

:lol: acloco........Way to go and thanks for sharing the target pic. Don't have an answer, but all rifles that I fire form for shot great groups a 200 yrds, at our local shooting range, wish I had 700 or 1K!
My 7 stw was fire formed from 300 wby in norma, my 300 PimP is fire from 300 wby, just imp 40* shoulder, and my 338 LimP from 338 lupa mag in norma brass......this one got a 35* shoulder. Simple loads but impressive groups when you not expecting IT! Go figure.
Thanks for sharing and good luck.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
acloco

Post by acloco »

Ray - Thanks. What is the saying?? I'd rather be lucky than good!