.22-250 and Speer "TNT"

Talk about or share information about your centerfire rifles.
The N.U.B.

.22-250 and Speer "TNT"

Post by The N.U.B. »

Sorry, but I had to brag on my 5 shot 100yd group shot with a FACTORY XR-100 last weekend. This was the 50 grain Speer over 34.2gn of Varget. The same bullet performed very well with 34.2gn of N140 also. I think Mr. Dog would not enjoy my results as much as I did.

I have to say. That 4th and 5th shot was mighty tough to pull the trigger on. I didn't want to be the spoiler.

Scott

Only good Prairie Dog is a dead Prairie Dog.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

NUB: Now, THAT'S one to hang on the wall of your gun room! NICE!

Now if you can only do that every time..... ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Excellent work! You should be very proud of that one.

On a side note, I lived in Castle Rock during the fall of 2000. It's a neat area.
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Great shooting N.U.B. way to go.
skb2706

Re: .22-250 and Speer "TNT"

Post by skb2706 »

The N.U.B. wrote:Sorry, but I had to brag on my 5 shot 100yd group shot with a FACTORY XR-100 last weekend. This was the 50 grain Speer over 34.2gn of Varget. The same bullet performed very well with 34.2gn of N140 also. I think Mr. Dog would not enjoy my results as much as I did.

I have to say. That 4th and 5th shot was mighty tough to pull the trigger on. I didn't want to be the spoiler.

Scott

Nice shooting

Where do you shoot at from Castle Rock?
The N.U.B.

Post by The N.U.B. »

skb2706:

I belong to Ben Lomond Gun Club out east of Kiowa. Its a great facility with some pretty cool people. We had our open house last Saturday and I got time to shoot while giving tours of our covered 100 yard bench range. Its about 45 miles from Castle Rock, but I try to make a day of it when I head out. I also belong to Quail Run out east of Elizabeth. They have a great Sporting Clays program. It's also a little closer (only 20 minutes).

I shoot prairie dogs with my father in law out in western Kansas. He lives in Goodland which is only 2 1/2 hours away.

Where do you shoot?

Scott
Only good Prairie Dog is a dead Prairie Dog.
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

For quickest load development and sight ins I will go to Cherry Creek Res. Rifle Range but thats always kinda scary (best to go during slow times and never just before hunting season). I guess there just not that many folks I trust with guns.
I shoot mainly out east almost to KS, my sister farms 12000 acres of dryland crops, gets me into hundred of acres of pdogs, deer, antelope, coyotes and whatever else they have. I score big on land owner vouchers too....I have a great brother in law fixes me up.