Nov 11- Dec 1.. Heading West for Coyotes... Help Please...

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
danielbrothers
.204 Ruger Guns: savage

Nov 11- Dec 1.. Heading West for Coyotes... Help Please...

Post by danielbrothers »

You know I must be hooked on predators if I'm leaving deer and hog hunting here in SC for coyotes. I'll be traveling down I-20 through Okla, Tx, and maybe New Mexico.. or up into Kansas. Thought about doing a couple of days with Tony if a partner showed up from somewhere. But overall.. I'm going to turn my Dodge Caravan into a sleeper/hunting rig... and just run around that country looking for some helpful information.

I'd LOVE to hook up with someone out there to hunt with or simply video them hunting... I don't have to pull the trigger... just want to be in on the action. When I Co-Produced Quest Video Productions back in the early 90's... I enjoyed taking the video just as much as being the hunter on camera. But the continual hunting gave me hunter's burn out... been trying to get it back the last few years.

I did High Powered Air Rifles all last summer...loved that... take a look at the Hog I killed with a air rifle on video... link below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfMpfc4EFVo

I don't know if Nov is a good time to try this adventure with all the other types of hunters out there during November... but... sink or swim... I gotta jump in.

Sooooo..... if I can hook up with anyone... or even get some good leads... then I'll return the favor with anything here in SC like... deer, hogs, gators, and even night time bowfishing for catfish off my boat... which is addictive in a MAJOR WAY.

Call.. Email... Post... or whatever... I'm open... Thanks Guys... dbrot7@cs.com 803-348-1949 Dan Brothers

Ps... I know your all saying..."Oh no...not another Eastern wanting to come West..." But the truth is... my heart is in the West... I'm just stuck in the East... so I'm trying to come homeward for awhile..
Forgive My Sins... Jesus... Save My Soul
Mega
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint , Sako 85 Varmint

Re: Nov 11- Dec 1.. Heading West for Coyotes... Help Please.

Post by Mega »

Head south young man ......

Over the ocean to the land of Oz and we'll take you Pig Hunting .....

Or would you like to meet a Croc....

Thanks for the email Dan.....
Sako 85 .204 Ruger Varmint, CZ 527 .204 Ruger Varmint, Sako S491 22/6mmBR, Tikka T3 Custom 6.5x47 Lapua
ClaimJumper
.204 Ruger Guns: 3 custom .204's,22-250ai, 5-223, 6br Norma, Savage builds

Re: Nov 11- Dec 1.. Heading West for Coyotes... Help Please.

Post by ClaimJumper »

I just joined this forum but hope you get this "on the road"

North east Colorado, near Sterling or Fleming has many coyotes that prey over the P-Dog fields. 95% of the time driving to a P-Dog field I saw Coyotes. However if you shoot from a rig, you may lose that rig. It's infested. When I quit shooting Squeaks here (June, July) I always go back and hunt my way to Colorado for a month.

I shot P-Dogs all year long. Snowing raining did not matter, you just see less in the cold winter. Most farmers were 100% O.K. with you just asking then shooting P-dogs. You need an out-of-state small game lisc. to shoot, 50$ for a year.

1). The State of Utah has no restrictions for Coyote hunters, (and only coyotes), no out of state lisc. or tag needed. You must leave them lay where they are shot. If you want the pelts you must buy a fur trapper lisc. and pay out of state fees$$$

2). Nevada also has the same, no out of state fees$$$ you must leave them lay also.

Retired Timber faller