enough gun?

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
trevort
.204 Ruger Guns: stiller predator, lilja no 5 1 in 12

enough gun?

Post by trevort »

an early morning stroll was unproductive apart from the sheer pleasure of being in the country and not behind a desk.
Going up and down the hills had me reconsidering the wisdom of ordering the truck axle krieger barrel.
Coming round the final gully entrance that I would have to ascend to get back to camp I spy three rabbits dash for cover as I throw myself (well 105kgs its more of a gentle lowering than throwing!) prone on the track.
One bunny parks safe from threats at his burrow entrance and he is still there as the bipod is extended and the round chambered.
When the rifle does not move at all and the view is pretty awesome on 12 power I remember why I ordered a no 9 profile. Oh yeah!

as I found him

rolled over to inspect the damage the 40gn Vmax explosion did!!!
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Re: enough gun?

Post by Ray P »

trevort.............Very nice work on the rabbits. As far as the #9 barrel.....it looks great in that stock and everyone needs a workout or a walk about.
Some people might tote a golf bag around, you and I rather a 14 lb rifle! Very Very nice. Thanks for sharing
Nice job on matching the barrel and action finish
Later
Ray P
Yep enough gun!!
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
trevort
.204 Ruger Guns: stiller predator, lilja no 5 1 in 12

Post by trevort »

the whole thing is duracoated stainless Ray, pretty happy with it!! :lol:
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

....little Peter Cottontail, hoppin' down the bunny trail....

NICE shooting stick you have. Love the results as well.
FireBallGuy
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model 700 VSF 204 Ruger

Post by FireBallGuy »

Kind of funny how those small fast bullets are able to remove thier heads like that....LOL!! Have done it many times myself, always good for a laugh. Nice shootin'!!
Remington Model 700 SPS 17 Remington Fireball Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40SF, Remington Model 700 VSF 204 Ruger Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40AO, Savage Model 12 FVSS .22-250 Remington Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40AO