Sage Rat Launching Part IV

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
majcl5

Sage Rat Launching Part IV

Post by majcl5 »

Well we just got back from our last trip of the year it was a good trip not the best , our worst of the year but still a great time. It got pretty hot up to 92 one day . We would start about 6 am and around 10 am they would go down until abot 4- 5 pm for 2 hrs in the evenings. Heres some photos.
Yours truly

My buddy starting count down 321 lift off
Heres a crazy one, we are shooting , talking you know normal rat hunting stuff. I am scaning the edge of the field for Jack rabbits , they like to come out towards evening and low and behold i see 3 yotes i take aim and shoot down goes Fraser 374 yards my first yote in an alphalph field.
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Re: Sage Rat Launching Part IV

Post by Gube »

Nice job on the yote. It's funny how they can show up even with the sound of the center fires going off. We have had many occasions where yotes or badgers would just all of a sudden "show up" within range. Those ones tend to be the "icing on the cake". Nice hang time with the prairie poodles as well.
Savage Vaporizer
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Looks like a great time! Nice benches did you make them your self they look plenty heavy?
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

Looks like you had a good time again. Must be nice to run 100 yards over to the store and grab a soda or something :lol: Good shot on the yote.
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

Yes Ryan we make our own benchs and yes they are pretty heavy but i perfer the heavy bench by far i have made them down to 60 and shot once off them and then quickly switched back to the heavy ones. With weight comes stability, these are 150 lbs. We go with a covered trailer each guy grabs a leg and we carry them all toghther into the trailer when were are done or moving its quite easy.
Verminator 2 we carry all are coolers and barbuqes with us and have lunch right in our fields.
ps. I still havent made it to your uncles place. Maybe next year
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204