Good Size Jersey Yote

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
darchell
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varmint VLP

Good Size Jersey Yote

Post by darchell »

I know you guys "Out West" have a great varmint / coyote season but here in Jersey we have little.We are finnaly allowed to kill them during during some of the deer season. Our deer, although not huge range on average in State woods around 100 pounds. As you can see from the below picture, hopefully it posted, this is one big coyote. Now true the deer in front is probably not the largest of the herd but it still appears to eb a big yote to me. A good friend of mine recieived this from a friend of his. This was taken with his trail camera that is still up in the woods. Nice looking puppy. We may not have as many or be able to hunt them as often but we have some biggens :eek: We also are startign to find them packing up which is very odd for Coyote, or from what I have learned. Our winters are not that hard to cause this. Just figured you folks would enjoy the picture. So what do you think is going through his mind. I'de like to see a 35 Grain berger personnaly :mrgreen:

Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Good Size Jersey Yote

Post by Rick in Oregon »

He's sayin'...."dang, I know I smell a whitetail.....where'd he go?"

That's a nice yote in anyone's book, east or west.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

GlennGTR1
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 all weather ultralight

Post by GlennGTR1 »

I have noticed this year in my area that coyotes are looking bigger and healthier than they ever have in my life. I have had others say the same thing about yotes in their area of the country. I wonder if there is some dormant gene that kicks in whenever we start heading into a small ice age? Some of the yotes I have seen this year look like wolves and those are making a strong come back also.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

That is one healthy sized coyote! Looks like he is morephing into a wolf. Good food good breeding they will get bigger. Looks like you have your work cut out for you get at it. Coyote do group together in large families or packs they leave the young ones in a group and go out in pairs to hunt and come back to feed the pups. They will travel out in larger groups if thats what it takes to get the food. They have a very fast learning curve. I have learned a lot from trying to hunt them it is not easy to honestly hunt them on there own turf day or night and I do both. I am not allowed to bait them here where I hunt. I get about eight a year.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Wow, that's either a very small deer or a very large yote.
Thnx for the pic.
Savage Vaporizer