No yotes

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
Fatman
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MKll

No yotes

Post by Fatman »

Went out to call in some yotes yesterday without much luck. Had one come in fast behind me, but just could not get turned around and on him quick enough. Started to call crows and ended up six, for six before heading back home. Longest shot 174 yds. Still waiting to get some coyote action, but this round is a fun crow duster!
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: No yotes

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Welcome fatman. It is a killer round. Protect your ears at all times and have fun. When calling coyote in the day time I often use a crow call and it realy brings them in. We can't shoot them here unless we are on private land but I can't help looking at them way out in a field and thinking that would be a long shot.
sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Re: No yotes

Post by sniper model 12 »

Turkey Season nuf said

Now, I don't want the wife to know, but spring season is a dead time for turkeys at the farm. But, Its the best time for yotes.

2008 spring season a buddy of mine (who had never been turkey or coyote hunting) was persuaded to go with me. He's nearly albino, so he spent a good bit of money to hide his full moon skin. We were sitting in his new popup blind with a jake and three hen decoys out front.

I told him to get ready. I did some smooth sexy young hen yelps followed with a OOOOHHH baby purr. Did this twice, and out popped a young coyote not 25 yds. My buddy froze and said "Is it coyote season? Can I shoot it?" My reply was "pick your gun off the ground first!" He pulled aim and his new leafy suit was in the way. . . so he pulled back the face mask to see. And boy o boy you'd thought that coyote had been strapped to a rocket!!! :eek: Before my buddy could think about the trigger, that yote was in the next state!

After a few minutes I did the same sequence again. Told my buddy to get ready. 10 minutes after calling a second larger yote came rollin' out and set his eyes on the decoys. He bounced downwind behind tall grass. I told buddy to shoot as soon as the dog popped up his head. Yote did. . . . and seen the early morning full moon of my buddy's full face :lol: He didn't put his mask back up :eek: :wall: :lol: :lol: I don't think anything on earth could run any faster. :lol: :lol: :duh:
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson