Yote Results with 40 Grain Noslers

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
quackwacker

Yote Results with 40 Grain Noslers

Post by quackwacker »

Well I thought I would post some results up from the 40 grain Noslers on yotes. Called in 11 but only shot 2! :eek: Don't ask ummm yeah.....Anyway, the bullets performed perfectly so far. This makes about 6 yotes with the Noslers and I am really liking them alot. The one coyote took a shot to the upper center chest facing me at about 50 yards. Quarter size entrance wound and no exit. DRT with a THUMP! The second one was at about 180 yards and entrance was less than perfect behind the front shoulder and exited opposite rear leg. He didn't go 3 yards. Damage on that one was pretty bad actually. On all the others broadside have been around 50-50 on entrance and exit. I think this bullets solid base works well. I am now using the berger 35's and the Nosler 40 for my go to yote round and I am lovin' it!!

"The voices in the trees made me do it"
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Re: Yote Results with 40 Grain Noslers

Post by WaltherP99 »

:wtg: NICE!!!!!
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Don't be afraid to use the 32gr bullets I have tried the 40gr Vmax and 32gr Vmax and have settled on the 32gr Vmax most of the time no exit and can't find the entry wound. Dead on the spot. They work good!
steve
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 204 lvsf

Post by steve »

nice shooting quackwacker . What stock do you have on your rig it looks really nice?
quackwacker

Post by quackwacker »

Steve the stock is the factory savage one that came with it. I manage a Body Shop so we have all kinds of neat stuff to allow paint to stick to plastics. I used automotive paint products and put a flattener in the clearcoat to make it not shine.
"The voices in the trees made me do it"