We're goin', even if we have to swim across Iowa

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

We're goin', even if we have to swim across Iowa

Post by glenn asher »

I'm supposed to leave really early Monday morning for the PD patch in South Dakota, which will entail crossing Iowa somehow. It looks pretty sporty getting across the state, there's a 60 mile detour because of a two-mile stretch of I-80, that will have to be covered, and about twenty or so construction sites on 80 alone, then even more on 1-29, that has traffic slowed down to 45MPH. Hmmmmm. Please wish me patience and perserverance, I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

The camera's already in the truck, thanks for asking :lol:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Steve V
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint, Ruger 77 V/T

Re: We're goin', even if we have to swim across Iowa

Post by Steve V »

Glenn, You'd be smart to take I70 across Missouri to KC and head up I29 from there. We were up in Montana 2 weeks ago and got rained out after 2 almost perfect days. There's more construction on I90 across SD than there is on I29. Pay attention when you get to Sioux Falls, they have the ramps to 90 all screwd up and if you miss the detour exit , your next chance to turn around is 3 miles north. I wish you a great shoot and good weather.
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

IT'S A BOY, #4! Maybe the wife will let me go now. :)

Good travels, and good hunting on your trip Glen, wish i was going with ya!
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Congrats on the new youngin, David! That will keep you on your toes for awhile!

We may have our routing sorted out, it looks like US 20 across NORTHERN Iowa is okay and clear to travel. It's an excellent, four lane road thru there, and into Nebraska, so we may be okay after all. Might even get away without the water wrinkles......
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!