Dog Down

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Dog Down

Post by Verminator2 »

My HDR finally got some dog blood on it :D It was our 8th stand before we called him in. My dad started out with his Kerry Carver Rabid Rabbit distress open reed. We waited and then he played another tune on it. At just under 10 minutes he spots a coyote coming in pretty hard. I have a 6-18 (need to change that) on my HDR, so I barked 'cause I didn't want him to get too close. He didn't stop so my dad barks 3 times and he finally stops, partly behind a bush from me at about 120 yards. I take the head on shot and put one in his chest(not through the bush) and he spins and starts circling. I ask if I should put another one in him and I get the go ahead so I put on in his flank that quarters up and out of the boiler room, and his face eats dirt, but he gets back up and keeps going :?: I shoot again, but missed the moving shot. We waited a minute, then went to find him. When we walked up to him and flipped him over there is a silver dollar exit on him. My guess is that I hit a rib or shoulder on the second shot :chin:

Good day ;)
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: Dog Down

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Good Job! Nice looking rifle! Its nice to get that first kill on a rifle!
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Nice pooch.. What ammo are you using??
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

I was using my handloads with 26grs. of BM and a 35gr. berger. For some reason, the 35 Berger isn't DRTing the last 3-4 coyotes, and 3 of them had some pretty nice holes in them :wall: Last year there were almost no runners and no fur damage :duh:
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Nice shootin Verm. We need to put a hurt on them dogs so there are a few deer left for next year! Keep em comin.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.