Childs play

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
Aussie Matt
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom Tikka

Childs play

Post by Aussie Matt »

Just wanted to share a little something with you all something you may not agree with but it seemed right at the time.On a regular varmint patrol looking for lamb killer's which my daughter is always keen to come with me.I was shooting a few rabbits to pass the time still getting used to the 204. I still cannot believe what this little cartridge can do head shooting rabbits at 195 metres aiming dead on is something I'm not used to. Anyway we drove down to collect the bunny's when we spotted a few hopping around not far away.So we set up again my daughter wanted to have a look through the scope when she told she could see them I asked her if she wanted a shot yeh OK dad was the reply.So I got her into a good shooting postion she said she could see them again so I closed the bolt and said when ever your ready. The 204 barked and the rabbit disapeared.I headshot it dad was the reply not knowing it was a hit or the rabbit headed under ground we went for a look and found one headshot rabbit we both were very happy with her first kill. :D :D :D
It's the way it splatter's that matter's.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Re: Childs play

Post by WrzWaldo »

Excellent! What's not to agree with? The younger you can safely get them involved the better!

Great shooting young'un!
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Now thats a picture worth framing right there Matt!! :wink: Good shootin on the young ladies part as well as your teaching her. Congratulations to both!! :mrgreen:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Steve V
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint, Ruger 77 V/T

Post by Steve V »

What a cute varmint!! and I don't mean the rabbit. I love hearing from all you "blokes" down under. I remember my son's first fish he caught and first prairie dog kill; it's something you'll treasure for life.
Aussie Matt

Post by Aussie Matt »

Your right there steve something you treasure for life.She's caught plenty of fish and loves releasing them not killing them.But lookout if your a squid she loves eating them ! :D
eraser3214

Post by eraser3214 »

That is awesome. :)
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I don't think anyone here will argue against your daughter's learning to shoot, that's the future of ALL shooting sports, getting the youngsters involved is important to us all, Matt. Keep up the excellent work!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Matt, I'd say you can kiss that fine looking rifle good-bye. :eek: Looks like you created a shooter by that smile! :) Gary
m239

Post by m239 »

nice work
.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

Better start building yourself a NEW rifle............................she's gonna want THAT one when she's big enough to carry it (and you should let her have it!). ;)

Keep up the good work!
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
Aussie Matt

Post by Aussie Matt »

Your not wrong about her wanting that rifle.She made a bead bracelet the other day with her name on it and the numbers 204 after it.It's coming up to our best time of the year for rabbits so I would say she'll be getting a few more shots off over the next couple of months.