not been out for a while

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
craigyboy

not been out for a while

Post by craigyboy »

after a long time not getting out due to work I got some free time tonight and got out an hour before dark I had to comprimise though the women hadnt seen me in ages either so I had to take her and the pup along with me, I didnt realise how early its getting dark now I only went out at 8 pm and by 9pm it was getting very dark, saw one bunny bang on at 300 yards, with a slight 4 mph wind from about 70 degree's to the right, dialled in 8 clicks elevation which is 2 clicks less than I would for 300 yards but it was slightly downhill, it was standing upright so put the cross hairs on the neck and just held to the right hand side about an inch and a half, bang one dead bunny, very satisfying first shot I have fired in ages. Let the pup sniff it out and it done a fine job, found it no problem just have to teach her to let go of the thing. Nice to be out and about its probably the last one for a while again, suppose there is no other way of paying for this hobby!!!!!!! excuse the ugly mug!!!!!!!!!!!!

glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: not been out for a while

Post by glenn asher »

Interesting mix of fox terrier and pointer, how'd that work? :wink: Great pic, BTW!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
craigyboy

Re: not been out for a while

Post by craigyboy »

I not exactly sure where the breeding for this dog has came about, I own the mother of this pup and my dad owns it mother as well and they have always been bred with fox terriers, this pup looks exactly like her mother. One thing is for sure they make great rabbit/rat catchers, very tame pets but put a rat in front of them and they go crazy, a little too small for the foxes though