gotta luv the 204 and my new nightforce

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
bazz
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka

gotta luv the 204 and my new nightforce

Post by bazz »

its a shooters dream to use and a match made in heaven , went and checked a bait station last night me and the pooch got in position and to our amazement there were 4 fox pups having a good chew on some old rabos anyway to cut along story short got the 4 of em before they escaped , the tikka was working like a semi auto , we then moved to the last baits for the evening nothing there but the baits were gone so i decided to sit and watch some deer feeding then the labradoodle stared into the bush and started to growl but couldnt see anything it was getting dark so through the night force up to have a look and low and behold theres a big fox sneeking back into the bush ,getting the fox whistle out and a few blows stoped him a couple of soft blows and he sat by this time it was very dark but i could still see him fine in the cross hairs then boooooooooom and mr fox went to sleep :D cheers bazz

Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Re: gotta luv the 204 and my new nightforce

Post by Joe O »

What's not to love about that combination.Great report and Pics.Thanks for posting.:wtg:
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Good job mate!!! thanks for posting!!!
chrisso
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka t3

Post by chrisso »

great job mate. those cubs will be lamb killers next year!!! what was the nightforce worth?
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

That shows how good the 204 is, but also how good your skills are. Not often you can get every fox you see, then one more!
Good shooting mate. The lambs will be very happy.
I got back from sea on Friday. Due to leave again Saturday week. Farmers around me are just starting on their wheat, so hope to see a few red coats before throwing the ropes again
bazz

Post by bazz »

chrisso wrote:great job mate. those cubs will be lamb killers next year!!! what was the nightforce worth?

hi chrisso the nightforce nxs 8-32 by 56 cost $2070 to my door people out side the shooting scene cant believe i paid that much for a scope , but my old weary eyes says it the best investment ive made i can see things i couldnt before and i think thats priceless cheers bazz
bazz

Post by bazz »

heres some more,taken with the portable moon (spot light ) mum and pups that was in the lambing paddock cheers bazz

Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Clint E »

Nice job bazz i dont think i have seen them with a white tip tail before.
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

Nice work Bazz. I've dropped about a dozen pups in the last 2 outings. Won't be able to post picks for a while though - hit download limit at home, so using phone for now, and about to head to sea again.
But for now I guess it didn't happen - no pics ha ha
bazz

Post by bazz »

Clint E wrote:Nice job bazz i dont think i have seen them with a white tip tail before.
didnt notice my self , went through old photos some do some dont
Sth Oz Dan wrote:Nice work Bazz. I've dropped about a dozen pups in the last 2 outings. Won't be able to post picks for a while though - hit download limit at home, so using phone for now, and about to head to sea again.
But for now I guess it didn't happen - no pics ha ha
no pix it didnt happen :lol: well done post some up when you get the chance , thats alot of pups in two trips , there getting thin now and my dad is comming over from tassie so i promised i leave him some cheers bazz