Springtime Fun w/Skippy Pt II (Pics)

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
Hando1978

Re: Springtime Fun w/Skippy Pt II (Pics)

Post by Hando1978 »

Rick: Good point, and something that I didn't think about. Might go for the lower magnification. What are they like early in the morning and later in the afternoon?

Unfortunately cannot try them out over here, as they are not stocked, and there is no delivery time available. And the store wonder why we buy direct from the US.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Hando: As far as the 7-12X x 32mm S-P's go, they are brighter at dawn or dusk than some of the import 42mm glasses I've had in the past. The 7-12X's are much lighter than their counterpart, smaller, more comfortable to wear all day around your neck or in the harness that is supplied with the bino.

The 12-17's are really only suited to braced/supported viewing, and are not really all around suitable field glasses....IMHO. They'd be best for birders or other static study activities (surveillance) or spotting.

They are plainly the best bino's I've ever owned, including my other Leupold Gold Ring bino's I had in the past. This may be one of those times you can buy sight-unseen with some degree of confidence.
Last edited by Rick in Oregon on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Hando1978

Post by Hando1978 »

Thanks Rick, the order will be placed shortly.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, great pictures!