Fun with Helicopters

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Fun with Helicopters

Post by Rick in Oregon »

OldTurtle wrote:Considering the damage you've done to yourself over the years, sitting on a bench and shooting little targets may be the best therapy... :mrgreen: ...Have you ever been diagnosed with being accident prone?? :lol:
Accident prone, me? You could be on to something there, bud. :chin: But you nailed the fix properly....sitting on my bench shooting little targets IS the best therapy! :D Here's the "therapy area and theraputic tools":

Counting the weeks now.........is it is spring yet? :?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

tt35
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator, Cooper M21, WOA AR, DPMS AR, custom AR

Post by tt35 »

Yep, that right there has got to be at the top of the fun-meter lsit. Always thought those ADC guys were living it although it ticks me off when I waste a day of calling just to find out they were there days before... But, what the heck, it's all good!

Thanks again to you and your sons for your service. I can tell you from experience that having your kids out there ain't that much of a cake walk for mom and dad either.

God bless.

Tim
No Off Season
"no crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."
Tim Titus
No Off Season
www.no-off-season.com
"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."

Sure God's a hunter, he clothed Adam and Eve with skins and told Peter to "kill and eat", didn't He?
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Tim: You're right about no cake walk......rather it be me again instead of our kids, meaner now in old age. ;)

The most fun with helicopters we had was seeing this baby coming in with fresh mail! This was pre-internet, email, sat phones and all the neat new stuff. It brought true meaning to the term "Snail Mail"! :lol:

Imagine the fun we could have with this puppy in a few hours around your place.......
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

Fun with helicopters...haaa, the most fun I ever had with one of those was just off Kodiak Island, Alaska in the winter from the missile deck of an SSBN taking green water over the deck (and down the hatch too). Needless to say, since these vessels are round there was plenty of pitching & rolling.

Jim