Retical Radar (Field Pics)

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
majcl5

Re: Retical Radar (Field Pics)

Post by majcl5 »

Boy is that true Rick , those little buggers have a radar. You put the crosshairs near them then all the sudden there gone. On field #3 of our ranch there is a road with a sage line next to it and they just love that sage line we just shoot them all day. They just run back and forth field ,sage brush , field sage brush . Oh what fun it is to shoot rats all day. Good luck in N. Cal
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

Rick in Oregon wrote:You may have convinced me into owning a hummer again, Rick.
you ain't gonna believe this, rick, but i ordered a cz452 american today in 17 hummer! :eek: don't know if i will have it ready for next weekend, but my gun guy already has the paperwork going, so my waiting period will be over when it gets here. will be using a VXI 4-12x40mm for my glass with either leupold or weaver dovetail mounts. don't know if the scope will make it in time, but i have the exact same combo on 1 of my 10/22's, so won't take me long to get it dialed in before i hit the road for the rodeo. at this time, i am searching for ammo :wall: Hopefully i can find some! either way, i will meet you guys in a week.
futuretrades curly (Kevin)
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Kevin: Congrats on the new CZ 452 Hummer! You're gonna like it, I promise. Whenever I'm getting ready to dig rifles out of the safe (after the CF's have been decided), it's always a toss-up weather to take my Ruger 77/22 Mag w/Lilja 17HMR switch barrel, or my CZ 452 Varmint HMR...both shoot excellent. The one thing I like about the Ruger over the CZ, is the mag is flush with the stock, and the magazine holds ten versus five, otherwise, both are contenders, and both have racked up an impressive amount of squirrels in the field.

Mine is the Varmint model. The American has nicer wood and checkering on the forearm besides the pistol grip and a lighter barrel, but should be just as accurate according to others that have that model. Here's mine in the field two weeks ago having its way with Skippy (Scope is a Leupold VX-II 4-12X w/AO & target elevation turret, rifle is glass bedded, barrel floated w/pad & Brooks trigger):

As you already know, the 17HMR is custom made for ground squirrels.....this little guy came out of his hole to look about, then wished he'd stayed inside:

The CZ strikes again! Gads I love this stuff! :wink: See you later this week.....the weather is gonna be perfect, and our buddy will have all the alfalfa cut when we arrive at the ranch. Life is good!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails