CO prairie dog trip

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: CO prairie dog trip

Post by Clint E »

You are right Mike the only thing is would be finding a place to keep the whole forum crew occupied i think there would be just as much visting as there would be shooting
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Depending on how many people were on hand, the shooting would almost certainly have to be broken up into small groups. I think the logistics could be worked out, though.
Boisblancboy
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VS SF II

Post by Boisblancboy »

I've never been p doggin but I know my .204 and myself would love to go! My dad and I have been talking about it and hope to do it sometime in the near future.

It would be a blast to hook up with all the members.
.204 Remington 700 VS SF II
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Mike.....sounds good. If you want any pointers, let me know. I put on our Annual Rat Rodeo here for 12 years for a crew that grew to about 30 shooters. The hardest part of the logistics is enough good land populated by enough rats to keep everyone shooting for a few days with good weather......not blazing hot, no rain, moderate wind conditions. Easy enough, right? ;)

A shot from the 9th Annual Rat Rodeo a while back.....Skippy really learned to fly (my custom M700 223 Ackley on the bench with a dear, departed friend visiting):

One thing to consider: Prairie dogs or ground squirrels? LOTS more shooting if it's ground squirrels....so much more in fact, I doubt I'll ever go after PD's again, as squirrels are MUCH more stupid, stay up when the shooting starts, more of them, and just give better shooting than PD's ever did. Either way though, I'm sure it'll be a hoot.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

Put me down for next year's Rodeo! Sounds like a hoot. Would be nice just to visit with everyone and try out each others' rigs & loads.
K = ½mv2