lost my virginity

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
iancxx
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 204

lost my virginity

Post by iancxx »

Well after all the delay,s,finally got to try my new howa 1500. .204,picked her up last week,popped a boyd,s on her,loaded up some ammo,
Had been red hot all week,sat morn arived,Bliddy raining,down to 6 deg,cold wind,sod it,ime away out,so took her up the farm,rezeroed my .22lr first,to calm down a bit,let the rain pass,
Then out with the 204,, :lol: managed a spot out of the wind,i thought,got a zero on the scope at 50 yds,then moved and zeroed her at 100 yds,,trying different loads,in the 32g v max,and 39g sbk,s,32g,s wree ok,ish,39g,sbk a lot better,by the time i got her sorted i only had 4 bullet,s left,39g sbk,s,
So was happy with zero at 100yd,s,found a nice set at 140 yds,and set up,took aim,pop,straight over the bunnies head, :eek: ,,bugger,,quick check,ooh one still sitting,aimed spot on for her,had her back to me,pop,thwack,one dead bunnie,rifle is no longer a virgin,10 mins, later took another one at about the same range, :D
need to do some more load development,but the 39g sbk seem to run spot on through her,
Tried her at the range yesterday,very windy,bit warmer,32g,s were a bit open groups,at 100 and 200 yd,s,39g sbk,were a lot better,only useing light load,s of h322,will try a bit faster load,see how she run,s,,but all in all.once i get used to her she will be my no 1 rifle,,loveing the 204 experience,well here are the pic,s,cheer,s ian
pic is with her sister,my cz 452 22lr,,allso in a boyd,s,,ian
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: lost my virginity

Post by Captqc »

Nice looking pair of rifles! We don't use silencers much on this side of the pond as the government here requires a $200 tax stamp and about 6 months wait for the paperwork to be processed.
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

Those Boyd's do look nice.
And topped with those 2 shooters, should see the bunnies dwindle in numbers quickly.
iancxx
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 204

Post by iancxx »

hiya,thank,s for the comment,s,,both rifle,s shoot spot on,Had the howa up the range on sunday aswell,Lot of people impressed with my little gem,,Kept popping the bull,just need to refine my reload,s,,
She does seem to prefer the 39g,sbk,s,,get some more load,s made up,,long weekend ahead,,just hope the snow stop,s,it,s a blizzard at the mo,,well of for my tea then of to work,,ian