P-Dogs

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
WnMag
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M Pro Varmint .204 Ruger- Cooper M21

P-Dogs

Post by WnMag »

I never would have thought that I would be out shooting P-dogs in JANUARY in North Dakota. But weather this nice there are a few up and around. Tim and I took the boys out and emptied some brass :) . Nothing close range. We are both Zerod at 300, I had to drop to my 4th MilDot on my Ziess 6.5-20x50. Once we figured out our elevation the fur started to fly. Wind varied 4-8 clicks to right on. Santa didnt bring me a range finder, may have to get one,, 7Mag had to work today, he usualy brings his along. Sure was fun, no bugs buzzing around, or sweat running in the eye.
I think it was me....or the wind.
Hedge
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 FLV

Re: P-Dogs

Post by Hedge »

Now this is what January in ND should be like! :D

Good deal on the PDs.

Made a set on coyotes a couple hours ago. Nice to be lying in ambush in this weather. Only problem was I heard 'em but they didn't want to come to the party. :(
Savage 12 FCV .204 Ruger
Viper PST FFP 4-16x50

ImageImage
======
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" Sigmund Freud.
WnMag
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M Pro Varmint .204 Ruger- Cooper M21

Re: P-Dogs

Post by WnMag »

We made a atempt on the Yotes last weekend, Not sure if its just to nice out. They didnt seem real hungry or responsive. Maybe if we get WINTER, them yotes will be more willing to give up!!
I think it was me....or the wind.