.204 and Black Wolf

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: .204 and Black Wolf

Post by GTOHunter »

Wow....what a Brute of a Wolf...I'd be packing a back-up handgun just for some extra protection!"Congratulations" on such an Awesome Animal...!!!!! :D ;)
AK Hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Stainless

Post by AK Hunter »

It was a pretty exciting day for sure. Over the last 3 winters I've ridden over 2,000 miles and only seen those 2 wolves. I got a gray wolf in March although not with my .204. I didn't buy my .204 with wolves in mind, but I knew it would work with a well placed shot. It's been a fun winter - thanks.

Oh, yes, I skinned, stretched and dried both wolves. I'll have them tanned and just display them as a loose hide - hanging from a nail.

GTOHunter

Post by GTOHunter »

That's a very impressive Coyote and hide.....I never really realized just how big those Wolfs are until You see one up close and compared to Person!Again "Wow" what an Impressive Animal/Predator!I have taken out several nice Coyotes in the past few years and my last one this Winter was a pretty Tan & White female that I'm getting tanned to hang on the Log walls of my House...if I can figure out how to post a few pictures I'll try and post a few up! :chin: ;)
Last edited by GTOHunter on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AK Hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Stainless

Post by AK Hunter »

GTOHUNTER: The last 2 photos I posted were of a 95 lb male wolf - not a coyote. You probably just mispoke, anyway, thanks.
GTOHunter

Post by GTOHunter »

Sorry AkHunter...I meant "Wolf"....I got excited about seeing such a Big Animal.......it makes our Missouri Coyotes look like Puppies! :eek: ;)
GlennGTR1
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 all weather ultralight

Post by GlennGTR1 »

I would love to see them legalize the 204 in Washington state for hunting cougar. That is an awesome looking wolf, and I love the nice cold, clear background winter scene. I think hunting predators in deep snow and on snowshoes is the most fun I can have with my clothes on.