Turbo Varmint

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
Critter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1B .204, Ruger 77/44,

Turbo Varmint

Post by Critter »

Walked out side Saturday Morning to find my garbage displayed throughout the yard. Mmm, I thought, this is something new here.

It seems a mature black bear, had invaded the neighborhood (rural). Well, the neighbors already new about it and even had pictures of the culprit. A lot of buzz in and about concerning danger to children. Seems all the development is reducing the habitat locally. Yes, we have wolves and coyotes but you rarely see the former and the latter is asset prefering to eat moles which dig at random in the lawns and pastures. The local mountain Lion basically entertains herself stalking the local deer. Saw her in the flower gardens only once when the local dear were munching on tree leaves.

So anyway, I grabbed my trusty RUGER 77/44 and with the neigbors concurring, put a couple of rounds in a nearby stump. Hopefully, the bear will take this as a sign that he is not wanted and take off for the hills.
Guy M

Re: Turbo Varmint

Post by Guy M »

That's a mighty big varmint Critter! Best of luck with your .44 solution... :D
M_D
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage

Post by M_D »

Critter wrote:...............
So anyway, I grabbed my trusty RUGER 77/44 and with the neigbors concurring, put a couple of rounds in a nearby stump. Hopefully, the bear will take this as a sign that he is not wanted and take off for the hills.
I hope your are right, but personally I wouldn't count on it. If the bear has found a source of food it usually takes a lot more discouragement than that to get rid of it, their stomach tends to over ride their brain. They get addicted to easy food real quick, and chances are that it will need to be physically relocated, either dead or alive.
Critter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1B .204, Ruger 77/44,

Post by Critter »

That may well be, but since then we have seen neither hide nor hair of him.

Food sources have been removed as well.

:D