i think i know

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
doobie
.204 Ruger Guns: none

i think i know

Post by doobie »

i'm not sure , i think i know but won't bet on it , i feel like brett favre , but , i am leaning towards a savage f v ( its a black composit stock and matte black finish , weighs about 8 pounds ).
anyone have any comments about this rifle ?
i don't know why but i've been partial to ww 748 , been using it in my 223 for as long as i can remember .was thinking of using this powder with hornady 32 gr v max , remington brass and cci mag primer . any comments on these choices would be welcome .
you all will have to bear with me on this typing stuff , i can type about one word a minute , i kinda feel like mel tillis of the key boards :wall:
so go a head and shoot me some comments , don't worry you can't hurt my feelings :lol:
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Re: i think i know

Post by Hotshot »

doob,
If you're not worried about how pretty the rifle is, get a Savage. Accu-trigger is excellent, they shoot good right out of the box, and easy to do all your own gunsmithing including changing barrels. I love my Savages.
The components you list should make a good load. Lot of guys use 32's, but the 39's are better at long range trajectory and hitting power as well as wind bucking. If you don't deal with too much wind and always shoot 400 yards and under, you can't tell the difference between 32 and 39 grain bullets.
When you get 204 fever it's hard to stop at just one, but the Savage is a good first one.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: i think i know

Post by glenn asher »

If a 12FV weighs about 8 pounds, then so do I :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I own a couple FVs and like them a lot, but they are a pound or two heavier, then you have to add scope weight, mounts, etc. It adds up, sorta like the weight around my middle. :oops:

If you plan on using 32s (I use them) also consider some other powders like Benchmark and H-322, both of which work really well for my two .204s. There are a lot of good powders for the .204s, though, and everyone likes something different, but don't be shy about trying something if you think it should work.
And, there's always the data listed in the stickies at the top of the page, the companies put a lot of work into them, we might as well use them!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!