Mid summer pds

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
skb2706

Mid summer pds

Post by skb2706 »

Got a chance to go out and bust off a few hundred pds this last weekend. Me and a buddy hit the mother lode about mid afternoon on Saturday for whatever reason the place we were shooting just started squirting out pds all over. Then again on Sunday we drove up on a new spot and it kept us shooting for 1/2 day. I took three TC carbines in .204 Ruger and everyone of them saw some action. Our shots were coming from 200-350 yds. and we could shoot a pretty high percentage unless the wind kicked up. Probably one of the best two days I've shot this year.

The newest .204, sittin on the prairie with dogs all around.

Once dialed in it was blowin 'em up at 300 no problem.
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
Mueller 4.5 x 14 Eradicator
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Mid summer pds

Post by Captqc »

Nice looking wood on that bang stick. Now where are the pics of the blood and gore! :lol: Gary
joghotrod

Re: Mid summer pds

Post by joghotrod »

skb2706 wrote:Got a chance to go out and bust off a few hundred pds this last weekend. Me and a buddy hit the mother lode about mid afternoon on Saturday for whatever reason the place we were shooting just started squirting out pds all over. Then again on Sunday we drove up on a new spot and it kept us shooting for 1/2 day. I took three TC carbines in .204 Ruger and everyone of them saw some action. Our shots were coming from 200-350 yds. and we could shoot a pretty high percentage unless the wind kicked up. Probably one of the best two days I've shot this year.

The newest .204, sittin on the prairie with dogs all around.

Once dialed in it was blowin 'em up at 300 no problem.
Steve if you keep this up, I may have to move to Co. :) But I am glad you are having fun. Tell your Sister and BIL I said hey.

Jimmy
.204 Ruger M77 Mark II Weaver 6-24
.222 Rem. BDL Varmint Leupold VX III 6.5-20
.204 Dtech AR 24 in. 1/9 twist SS Fluted Shilen Barrel with Compensator, Leatherwood 8.5-25 uni-dial Also 1/12 twist Shilen. NRA Life Member
6BR Dtech Upper, Shilen 1/8 twist.