Trying to find a shooting bench builder from MT or WY???

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

Trying to find a shooting bench builder from MT or WY???

Post by remy3424 »

Over a year ago I found an portable rotating shooting bench on ebay. I traded some emails with the guy, but decided to hold off. It sounded like a refined Caldwell Stable Table. I thought he was from MT, WY or somewhere in the NW if I'm remembering correctly. He wasn't building tons of these but he built them for all his buddies and they convienced him to try to sell them on flea-bay. Anyone out there know who this guy is??? I know it's a long shot to find him, I seemed to have deleted all of the emails I had traded with him.
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Trying to find a shooting bench builder from MT or WY???

Post by Captqc »

I don't know who you are looking for but Midway USA has the BR Pivot back in stock, $399.99 for the wood top version and $329.99 for the plastic top version. Gary
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

Captqc wrote:I don't know who you are looking for but Midway USA has the BR Pivot back in stock, $399.99 for the wood top version and $329.99 for the plastic top version. Gary
Too add, the BR pivot is tough to beat. I ended up with a RASS which is OK. Had I of known then what I know now I would have a BR pivot.

HTH
Last edited by Jim White on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

remy3424 wrote:Over a year ago I found an portable rotating shooting bench on ebay. I traded some emails with the guy, but decided to hold off. It sounded like a refined Caldwell Stable Table. I thought he was from MT, WY or somewhere in the NW if I'm remembering correctly. He wasn't building tons of these but he built them for all his buddies and they convienced him to try to sell them on flea-bay. Anyone out there know who this guy is??? I know it's a long shot to find him, I seemed to have deleted all of the emails I had traded with him.
I think that I know who you're talking about. I thought the guy was from KY, but I could be completely wrong about that.

I don't know which email account you use, but you might try searching through all of your Sent items. I've tracked down old emails that way, long after they've been deleted from my Inbox or Trash folders.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

There some Marines in Utah that make a bench like the BR pivot but all steel DOA tactical shooting benches. You might google that.
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

Post by remy3424 »

Good suggestion on the "sent mail", but no luck there....I am thinking the BP Pivot will be the deal now. I really don't think I'll be disappointed, just a little more coin than I wanted to spend, but it should last my lifetime, and maybe by son's!!! Heck, he'll likely have his own if they are as good as advertised.
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

remy: Of course I'm possibly a bit biased, but considering that the USMC, US Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, FBI and NSA (and many other agencies) all use the BR Pivot, I don't think you'll be disappointed in any way. The new benches from Midway I've seen are of the same design and quality as the benches I purveyed for over ten years, and now less expensive.

Picture yourself here:

All the rodents in the Great Alfalfa Patch in the sky will tell you to just lie prone though! :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

remy3424 wrote: I really don't think I'll be disappointed, just a little more coin than I wanted to spend
I learned a long time ago that it's cheaper to buy what I really want the first time around. :)
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

Mike wrote:
remy3424 wrote: I really don't think I'll be disappointed, just a little more coin than I wanted to spend
I learned a long time ago that it's cheaper to buy what I really want the first time around. :)
Couldn't have said it better!