mini mauser?

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

mini mauser?

Post by kenbrofox »

Can somebody tell me, is a mini mauser and a zastava one and the same thing? Or is one a copy of the other? Thanks, ken.
' Pay it forward buddy '
Varmintcaller
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa 15001vosv

Re: mini mauser?

Post by Varmintcaller »

If you are talking about the mini mauser which is a scaled down version of the Mark X, It is made by Zastava. I had two Mark X's . I bought them as barrelled actions and stocked them myself, they are strong and accurate. Im sure the mini mauser is just as good. Remington is importing them and selling them under their brand name.

This is the 22-250 I made:

kenbrofox

Post by kenbrofox »

Varmintcaller, thats a fine looking rifle you you built for youself. Thanks for clearing up my query, i had been offered a zastava and told it was a mini mauser and i just didn't know the difference. Cheers, ken. :)
' Pay it forward buddy '
stevecrea

Post by stevecrea »

Charles Daly was the importer of the Zastava for many years, until Remington began importing them just a year or two ago. Charles Daly called it the "Mini Mauser", and I believe that they were available in 22-250 and 223, and were also available in lefthand versions. They are quite nice rifles, with 20 inch barrels. I believe that I read recently that Remington is no longer importing them, and I do not know if they will continue to be imported by someone else. They are a very nice, quality, mauser action.
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

European American Arms took over importation from Remington this year. Before Chas. Daly had them, they were imported by Interarms.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
kenbrofox

Post by kenbrofox »

Thanks guys, They are indeed made in 22/250 and 223 and both are available over here in UK. I was looking for a neat rifle to re-barrel to 204 and thought they looked quite smart, but in the end i bought an older model BRNO 601 with set trgger which will now be the doner for a light walkabout 204. My current 204 is a m77 vls and it tips the scales at 13 LB with scope, bipod and moderator (only bought that yesterday) and i can't walk far with that. Interarms? would that be the same Interarms we used to have based over here in Manchester? Thanks again glenn & steve.
' Pay it forward buddy '
stevecrea

Post by stevecrea »

kenbrofox:

There are some mini mauser actions for sale on some of the auction sites occasionally, if you are still looking for something to chamber in 204. These are actions that Charles Daly used to market. I picked up a lefthand barreled action awhile back for a future project that may end up in a 204. There are stockmakers that will make stocks to fit the actions.

Hope you like the BRNO.
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
kenbrofox

Post by kenbrofox »

steve, thanks for that information, i've already gotten too many irons in the fire now (if thats possible when you're talking guns )to contemplate buying a mini now i've bought the brno. cheers, ken. :D
' Pay it forward buddy '
Arizona Hunter

Post by Arizona Hunter »

CZ also has "mini Mausers" in varmint calibers. Check out the CZ-USA web site. I have one of their 527's and love it! Accurate and feels just right in the hands.