The REAL Varmints are at it again.............

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

The REAL Varmints are at it again.............

Post by glenn asher »

We've had an eight year respite from the environMENTALists :eew: trying to list the prairie dog on the Endangered Species list, thanks to President Bush.

Now, with an imminent change in administrations, the goonies are back to their old tricks, and wasting no time at all. Just like we expected, of course.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2008 ... /812030325

Not trying to get folks worked up or scared, but we need to keep an eye on these goobers and work our congressmen to keep this kind of stuff from happening, especially with the junk science they like to trot out.

Yeah, it gets old, but it's gotta be done, just like going to work every morning. :wall:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
xr10065669
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Mark II .204

Re: The REAL Varmints are at it again.............

Post by xr10065669 »

I hear you.. It makes me so mad when I hear about this topic. It would be horrible to protect them because it will just cause more soil erosion and hurt grasslands. Also, when cattle step in the holes it can hurt them.
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

We're in for a rough stretch...
sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Post by sniper model 12 »

Well. . . . if they can get the prarie dog on the list. . . . then I want the gray squirrel on the list too! And the American crow. . . . .and Wild turkey. .. . .and Jose Cuervo. . . . .and that little fella on Different Strokes. . . um. . . Gary Coleman!

Heck! Why stop there.

How do you get an accurate head count on a prarie dog town?

:reddot: :banana:
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
JD11
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varminter low profile

Post by JD11 »

I hear you.. It makes me so mad when I hear about this topic. It would be horrible to protect them because it will just cause more soil erosion and hurt grasslands. Also, when cattle step in the holes it can hurt them.
And people, and horses. One gazillion acre ranch I cowboyed on a couple years ago was riddled with holes. Too bad the wackos never will have the pleasure of having to lope their horse balls-to-the-wall to turn a herd of heifers that ran past a gate. At best, you got one eye on the ground and the other on the cows, especially after a rainy spring with extra tall grass. Kind of like running through a minefield blind-folded. One of my partner's horse stepped in a hole, went down but didn't break a leg but my buddy broke his wrist and bashed some ribs.

When I was down there shooting the critters, I took a pic of a hole that was over a foot in diameter and (due to erosion) at least four feet straight down.

It's nice to see many of Clinton's ex-NutCakes are being put back in a position of power. All I see lacking so far is the delightful Bruce Babbitt bringing my part of the country more wolves to finish wiping out the moose, elk, and domestic calf crops.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

JD: Just give 'em time bud, they'll get it that too.

The current issue of The American Rifleman has some bad news for us, with a overview of Nobama's team ready to hit the ground running with all their anti-gun crap.

One of his close assistants was overheard to say he (Nobama) is ready to "RULE" right away. Rule??? The piece goes on to say the last time anybody 'ruled' us, was King George of England. Talk about the epitome of arrogance!

We've got some tough times ahead I fear..... :?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Rick,
I just about lost my lunch when I read that article. :hic: I think nobama will be a disaster for America. If he goes after the 2nd, what else? :huh: darn, we're in for a tough time. :eew:
Gary
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

An uninformed ignorant hussien obama voter at work thinks only AK47's need to be ban. We're doomed with idiots like this voting in more mindless idiots. These leftists don't have a clue. It's only a matter of time till we're all criminals. United we must stand and not give an inch! If he wants to rule, he should rule away. It might WAKE some people up. Maybe then he'll FINALLY know the true meaning of the second amendment....
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

howler

Post by howler »

Keep in mind guys its the white tailed Prairie Dog that is being proposed NOT the Black Tailed Prairie dog, and thats the one we're all shooting, jsut to keep things straight, I'm not saying its right
jwc41
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15 clone

Post by jwc41 »

Keep in mind guys its the white tailed Prairie Dog that is being proposed NOT the Black Tailed Prairie dog, and thats the one we're all shooting, jsut to keep things straight, I'm not saying its right
That's not a lot of comfort to those of us in Utah, Idaho, SW Wyoming and western Colorado where the white-tailed prairie dog is quite prominent.

Utah is also home to the listed Utah and Gunnison prairie dogs which can't be hunted. The tree-huggers are getting them listed one at a time. If the white-tailed dogs are listed, the black-tailed dogs are next.
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

Nah, howler, that's the blacktailed PDs they're talking about, that's a South Dakota newspaper that printed the article. In any event, divide and conquer is all that would get you, whitetailed, blacktailed, doesn't matter, they want to stop it ALL.

CASH, PETA, HSUS, all of 'em, are out to get hunting banned or made too expensive for the regular guy to afford. To my notions, they are the true vermin in the world.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
howler

Post by howler »

did i have it backwards,
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

"The black-tailed prairie dog again will be considered for protection under the Endangered Species Act even as another federal agency is trying to control the rodent's population in parts of South Dakota". First sentence of the article........

Yep, but that's okay, no harm done :wink:
Varmonter

Post by Varmonter »

sniper model 12 wrote:Well. . . . if they can get the prarie dog on the list. . . . then I want the gray squirrel on the list too! And the American crow. . . . .and Wild turkey. .. . .and Jose Cuervo. . . . .and that little fella on Different Strokes. . . um. . . Gary Coleman!

Heck! Why stop there.

How do you get an accurate head count on a prarie dog town?

:reddot: :banana:

They are alot easier to count once you slow em down a bit...

kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

Varminter, you just count their legs and devide by 4. Regards KB.
' Pay it forward buddy '