Black Bird Pie

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
Hawkeye Joe

Black Bird Pie

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Been playing a little cat-n-mouse with the crows lately.After shooting one a few weeks back they smartened up a bit. The bird in the green grass was wacked the day after thanksgiving with a 30 grain v-max in 22 magnum. That's a turkey leg next to him. After that kill, They would do a fly-over and land about 200 yards out and watch. Little did they know I was waiting with my Savage Predator in 204 :twisted: . The one in the snow with the feather trail was 204'd this morning. I sniped him through a two inch by three inch slot in my fence. I waited about 5 minutes for him to step into the fence slot that had no grass in the way. The fence was about 80 yards out and the crow about 200. He took a 35 grain Berger broadside. Looks like I scored some fox bait! Dinner is served!
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Re: Black Bird Pie

Post by Gube »

Nice shootin. Nothing like watching that "puff of feathers" through the scope.
Savage Vaporizer
jwbagm
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 bdl sps varmint

Post by jwbagm »

the crows do make good targets
i was deer hunting the other week and came out in the middle of the day and there was crows in the field and with the rangefinder they were 358 yards and with the 300 wsm zeroed @350 i bet my buddy that i could waste him for the price of lunch and he took the bait. lol
that makes a mess of a crow and free lunch was good
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

I never did get to see the feathers fly. I shot, and he disappeared from the opening in the fence. The critters love tenderized crow. Both got carried off soon after dark. Not that deer season is over and all the knuckleheads are out of the woods. I can get out the white suit and hunt some predators 8) !
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Medic52
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 SPS Varmint

Post by Medic52 »

Nice shooting, I can't wait to try out my new 204 on the crows, pd's, coyotes and coons. trying to decide on a load right now....
" The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he LOVES what is behind him." G.K.Chesterton

REM 700 SPS Varmint Elite 6x24x40
LIFE MEMBER NRA
TROPHY LIFE MEMBER NAHC