Hornady XTP

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Hornady XTP

Post by sniper model 12 »

Has anyone used the Hornady 45gr XTP rounds on coyotes? Natchezss.com had them on sale for $15.99 a box o' 20 with $13 sum odd in shipping. I ordered one box (should've got 2) and when they arrive I'll give 'em a test.

But if anyone has already plinked a few, please let me know about their traits.

I'll be shootin' a Savage Model 12 1:12" twist on a 26" barrel.

I already shoot the 45 SP with sub 2" groups at 200 yds.

Thank you.

eric
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
sniper model 12

Re: Hornady XTP

I ordered from Natchez. Received the 45 gr soft points. Sent them back. Received them a second time.

I checked into a couple more online ordering pages. . . .same results. I'm calling Hornady tomorrow to see what they can do for me. I know it may cost more, but since everyone else is having problems. . . . :mad: :cry:

I'll end up being $35 for the box + shipping. Then if ya add the shipping return charges for the other boxes. . . .that's one expensive box of ammo. :eek: :mad:

Just wantin' an edge against 'ole Wile E. Coyote.. . . and his buddies!

I'll keep ya posted.

c y a
Ralph Waldo Emerson
sniper model 12

Re: Hornady XTP

AAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :evil: Just another Jedi mind trick!! I called Hornady (which has an AWESOME :eek: phone service if ya listen to all of the message options) and spoke with a customer sales rep. Guess what. . . . ? . . . . ?

They currently do not manufacture the 45 grain XTP in the .204 ruger calibre yet. So, I now know why no vendors could provide me with the desired ammo. All of them was more than happy to take my money though!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry:

:duh: I guess I'll just have to wait for something to freeze over before I get a box of the "most awesome controlled expansion bullet for varmit calibres since sliced bread". . . . that was a quote made by my nephew who shoots the .17 HMR Savage bull barrel with 20 gr XTP rounds.

finished :wall:
Ralph Waldo Emerson