Going to Ill. Leaving the 204 at the house

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
brokeasajoke
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem VSSF II .204 VX-III 8.5-25 side focus tgt dot

Going to Ill. Leaving the 204 at the house

Post by brokeasajoke »

Going to Ill. over the 4th and it seems everyone wants me to leave the guns at the house. That sux. Will be in Springfield. Do you have to have a license to hunt coyots. How accessable is farmland for hunting them. hopeing I could sneek out for a few hours. Thanx for the info guys. Any other good varmint hunting in Illinois?
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Re: Going to Ill. Leaving the 204 at the house

Post by Melvin Eades »

brokeasajoke,

You can get a 5 day Non-resident license for $28.75. You may want to check out the IDNR site (http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/Digest/Digest.pdf) on page 4 to be sure.
Even thought our crops around here are just now getting planted due to the wet weather, the fields will be tall enough by the 4th it will be hard to find an area open enough to do much hunting. The weather is usually pretty hot by then also. About the only place you could find an open field is a hay field which there aren't that many around the Springfield area.

I'm not trying to dampen your plans but just wanted to let you know the conditions at this time of year.

The only other varmints in Illinois active at this time of year are politicians and you'll get in trouble hunting them!

Have a safe trip!
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
brokeasajoke
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem VSSF II .204 VX-III 8.5-25 side focus tgt dot

Re: Going to Ill. Leaving the 204 at the house

Post by brokeasajoke »

Hahahahaha! thanx.