Co. PD Shoot Pictures

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
joghotrod

Co. PD Shoot Pictures

Post by joghotrod »

Here is some pictures from the trip I am on to shoot Prairie Dogs in Co. These are some I shot that I hope are tame enough for everybody. Steve I didn't show yours because yours were too gory.
The second picture is my first double on this trip.

Jimmy
.204 Ruger M77 Mark II Weaver 6-24
.222 Rem. BDL Varmint Leupold VX III 6.5-20
.204 Dtech AR 24 in. 1/9 twist SS Fluted Shilen Barrel with Compensator, Leatherwood 8.5-25 uni-dial Also 1/12 twist Shilen. NRA Life Member
6BR Dtech Upper, Shilen 1/8 twist.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Co. PD Shoot Pictures

Post by Captqc »

You should know that around here there is no such thing as "to gory". :eew: So, let's see em. :stick: Gary
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

joghotrod - this is what I posted on another site regarding our little adventure.

Trip was a good one. Shot alot of dogs, in fact jodhotrod is still there shooting today. I came back yesterday for work today. We did deal with some pretty strong winds at times and that made the hits more difficult. I managed to bust off 300-350 rds. in a day and a half. No clue how Jimmy did yet.
I'll get him to post a few pics or send them to me....once again I left here with my camera sitting on my desk and it was still sitting here when I got back. I don't recall the stated rules about carnage but I can assure you there are some "RUINT" prairie dogs out in eastern CO.

Wish I could have stayed another day but my presense here is required. Post some updates when you have time.
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
Mueller 4.5 x 14 Eradicator
joghotrod

Post by joghotrod »

Captqc wrote:You should know that around here there is no such thing as "to gory". :eew: So, let's see em. :stick: Gary
I have some very gory ones on my laptop and I will add a few plus some of the Rattler I shot while out taking pictures. I shot the rattler with my Texas Defender loaded with #6 bird shot.

Jimmy

Here are the pictures of the Gore and the Rattler, Enjoy
Last edited by joghotrod on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.204 Dtech AR 24 in. 1/9 twist SS Fluted Shilen Barrel with Compensator, Leatherwood 8.5-25 uni-dial Also 1/12 twist Shilen. NRA Life Member
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Jimmy - where was the rattler ?
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Yum Rattler! :shotgun: They taste just like chicken! :lol: Gary
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Captqc wrote:Yum Rattler! :shotgun: They taste just like chicken! :lol: Gary

Well then give me chicken. :wink:

:lol: :lol:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
joghotrod

Post by joghotrod »

skb2706 wrote:joghotrod - this is what I posted on another site regarding our little adventure.

Trip was a good one. Shot alot of dogs, in fact jodhotrod is still there shooting today. I came back yesterday for work today. We did deal with some pretty strong winds at times and that made the hits more difficult. I managed to bust off 300-350 rds. in a day and a half. No clue how Jimmy did yet.
I'll get him to post a few pics or send them to me....once again I left here with my camera sitting on my desk and it was still sitting here when I got back. I don't recall the stated rules about carnage but I can assure you there are some "RUINT" prairie dogs out in eastern CO.

Wish I could have stayed another day but my presense here is required. Post some updates when you have time.
Hi Steve,

I counted the empty brass and it looks like I shot about 436 rounds. The day after you left to go to work, the wind was so calm it made for a very productive day. My first 10 shots had 8 kills and one of those was a double. It was a fun day. I can't wait for next year. I would try again this year but 1100 miles one way would be expensive. Plus the wife wants to go visit kin folks up north. What a waste of expensive gas. :mad: :wall: :mrgreen:

Jimmy
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Oh well Jimmy look at it this way....its way too hot right now to be out shootin pds. Over 100 degrees in the shade, but there is no shade, oh shxt theres no trees either. Maybe i will go in August but for now I will head to the mountains and catch fish in the cool mountain streams.
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel