Another yote from off the deck

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Another yote from off the deck

Post by Gube »

Problems at work last night and got called in. Got home at 5:00 AM
At 8:00AM my son was getting ready to go to college and let the two dogs and cats outside. Shortly after I'm woken up from our small dog barking like crazy on the deck. I get up and looked out the window but could not see anything as the fog was quite thick. I opened the door and all of the pets came running inside. That's when I noticed some movement at the far edge of my trout pond 80 yds away. A big yote saw me open the door and started to make a south west dash for the bush line. Ran downstairs and got the 204 from the gun safe but no sign of him. I figured since I was up, I'd try some cottontail squalls and see what happens. After about 10 min I notice movement coming in from the North east. It was a young yote (last years model). Laid down on the deck and sent the 35 gr berger on its way 60 yards away. He spun three times and made a mad dash into the trees. This was the first "runner" I've experienced using the 35 gr bergers and he managed to make it just shy of 75 yds before piling up. 4 down, and at least 4 more of these visitors to go.

Savage Vaporizer
SuperSeal110

Re: Another yote from off the deck

Post by SuperSeal110 »

You're tearing them up! :shotgun:

Nice job.
Lee C.

Re: Another yote from off the deck

Post by Lee C. »

Great picture Cube, Nice looking coyote.