The shortest distance with a 204. . . .pt blank!!

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the 204 Ruger.
creekwalkr
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 single shot synthetic stock

The shortest distance with a 204. . . .pt blank!!

Post by creekwalkr »

The nephew and I went out for some ground hog fun. . . we had heard of a hog den with several holes near a farmers barn. We found the holes. . .inside the barn :eek:

so the nephew stood outside with a Savage Mark II G 22cal. :wink:
I snuck inside the barn with my Savage mod 12 single shot .204 cal. :twisted: Inside I found 8 holes. . . I checked each one and low & behold a head poked outta one. . . 6 feet from the barrel :reddot: SUPRISE ! ! ! ! ! !

Later on we went out to check another hole in the field and the nephew chased a smaller g-hog up a tree. It fell like a rock!! 8)

Here is a pic of me and my dead g-hog

The shot (Hornady 34gr JHP) went through the ear and opened the mouth! (pics taken with cell phone. . . forgot the camera)

enjoy!!
"All I need is ONE GOOD SHOT . . ."
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Creek, that's what I call messy :hic: That poor thing didn't stand a chance! At least you could have done is backed up to 10 feet (just kidding) We all hope for those easy shots but the last time I had a sage rat pop up 6 feet in front of me I was cleaning my rifle so I just took his picture :lol: Gary
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

The shortest shot I ever heard of on a prairie dog wasn't with a 204 or any other firearm. During spring shooting when lots of babies were coming out my friend found it necessary to relieve himself of some excess coffee. He stepped around the truck and as he prepared a baby pd stuck his head out of a hole at his feet. Being armed with gun in hand tony proceeded to blast the poor little dog with his stream. It's a tough world for varmints isn't it? After 10 years Tony still enjoys bragging about his hit.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Hotshot wrote:The shortest shot I ever heard of on a prairie dog wasn't with a 204 or any other firearm. During spring shooting when lots of babies were coming out my friend found it necessary to relieve himself of some excess coffee. He stepped around the truck and as he prepared a baby pd stuck his head out of a hole at his feet. Being armed with gun in hand tony proceeded to blast the poor little dog with his stream. It's a tough world for varmints isn't it? After 10 years Tony still enjoys bragging about his hit.
Now that there is just plain old fashioned funny!!!

:lol:
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Funny is right! I wonder if he figured the velocity.....we all know what the trajectory was! :lol: Poor critter.....he really was pi$$ed off! Or is that "on"? Ha! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

LMFAO!!! He marked his territory! :banana: :banana: :banana:

That ground hog got SMOKED! :thunder:
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
creekwalkr
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 single shot synthetic stock

Post by creekwalkr »

We wanted to eat what we killed, but the one I got was losing hair on her back and head. . . unsure why. . . so we passed on her.

The little pig the nephew shot would have been good, but with 86 degree weather and no cooler with ice. . . . .

Probably should've made a small fire and ate her on the spot.

mmmmm.......gooooood !!! :D :cheer:
"All I need is ONE GOOD SHOT . . ."
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Here's the pic of the sage rat watching me clean my rifle! :eek:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/ ... C00120.jpg