BERGER BULLET??

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
IOWA204
.204 Ruger Guns: cooper, kimber, cz, dpms

BERGER BULLET??

Post by IOWA204 »

This winter I have finally gotten out to test the 35gr. Bergers on coyotes with great success we have harvested 32 coyotes with this bullet with no failures to speak of. So last night I went to load up a couple hundred rounds and noticed on my box of new bullets the BC had changed. My older boxes have a BC of .184 the new boxes have a bc of .176 i believe don't have the boxes with me right now.

My question is this, obviously they changed the design somewhere along the line what can I expect or what will change I have a great load figured out using the higher bc bullet if I change to the lower bc bullet will this change.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: BERGER BULLET??

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I doubt Berger re-tooled all their forming dies to lower the BC on their best selling .20 cal bullet. Chances are they just corrected the BC to more accurate measurements, but you can just call their tech line and ask them, as they'll gladly answer questions such as this.

http://www.bergerbullets.com/Products/V ... llets.html

You would most likely never see any difference anyway even if one of the two bullets acutually had a slightly lower BC when shooting coyotes inside of 300 yards. JMO
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

scootertrash

Post by scootertrash »

As usual, RIO has it right. I recently read a statement from Eric at Berger bullets, saying that they have indeed corrected the BC values to more accurately match real world results. I believe you will also see that statement on their web page.

Load them up, shoot 'em, and don't look back.

Mike
Factory Custom
IOWA204
.204 Ruger Guns: cooper, kimber, cz, dpms

Post by IOWA204 »

Thanks Guys! It just struck me odd that the BC on the two different boxes had changed after these bullets have been out for a long time.
schaeffs
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VTR .204 Ruger

Post by schaeffs »

Hello Fellas,

Regarding these posts on the BC for Berger 35gr projectiles, I recently received a shipment of the BC .176 tips having previously set up a load with the original BC .184

Will there be any difference in the ballistics/trajectory of the bullet between the old BC .184 and the newer BC .176??

I ask to verify whether I will need to adjust my scope now it has been shot in already??

Thanks
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

Welcome schaeffs,that question has already been answered in this thread. Only the numbers have changed, the bullets remain the same. Regards,ken.
' Pay it forward buddy '
schaeffs
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VTR .204 Ruger

Post by schaeffs »

kenbrofox wrote:Welcome schaeffs,that question has already been answered in this thread. Only the numbers have changed, the bullets remain the same. Regards,ken.
Just checking in case someone had some new information.

Thank you.