LC6 Trigger

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
wtdew
.204 Ruger Guns: Hawkeye Left hand .201

LC6 Trigger

Post by wtdew »

My new left handed Hawkeye .204 has the factory trigger. I've been told that the LC6 stands for Light, Crisp and 6 pounds. Seems to be that way but it has some creep and the 6 pounds to pull it. Can these be worked over or should I just bit the bullet and buy an aftermarker trigger?
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: LC6 Trigger

Post by Ryan S Albright »

A couple of gun smiths have told me just buy the after market trigger. I love my Timney trigger and it is easy to install by your self. A drimmel tool makes it easy. I tried to adjust the trigger on my Remmington and could not get the glue of the threads and gave up. I had a older Ruger and worked on it. But then oppted for the after market trigger. I have put Timney triggers on three of my Ruggers I used Rifle basix on an older M77. The Timneys were around $90 dollars well worth it. You will need to take off a little metal at the anvil for the saftey catch and a little wood to let the trigger fit down into the stock. Piece of cake.
wtdew
.204 Ruger Guns: Hawkeye Left hand .201

Re: LC6 Trigger

Post by wtdew »

I thank you for your information. I'll look in to a trigger. Next question... So far both handloads and factory Hornady and Winchester with 32 grain bullets have been just in one inch at 100 yards. I have a 10power scope on it the gun. Have not done anything to the gun but would like the lighter pull. If I am getting groups of just about 3/4 to 1 inch would you bed or do anything else?