BLC-2 .....

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
adam

BLC-2 .....

Post by adam »

Is there a spherical powder similar in burn rate to BLC-2 but without the temperature sensitivity? I have tried some BLC-2 whilst trying to find a good load and it produced great velocity, near factory performance and I was not at max loads with it. However the accuracy was not very good. Any suggestions?
Thankyou
Adam.
' Your here for a good time, not a long time'
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: BLC-2 .....

Post by Rick in Oregon »

adam: The powders that appear on either side of BL-C(2) on the Burning Rate Chart are WW748 and H335. Both are spherical powders, both are known to work well in the 204......

HTH
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

adam

Post by adam »

Thank you RIO. I Picked up a tub of RL10 x today to try because they didnt have anything else suitable really so I will give that a try first.
' Your here for a good time, not a long time'
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Post by broper »

Mine is pretty accurate with BLC-2, around an inch. With my age, eyes and glasses thats about as well as I can shoot anymore. Somebody else could probably do better.
Ifishsum
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12FV

Post by Ifishsum »

I get great accuracy from BL-C(2), and so far I haven't found one that seems better - I can match the accuracy with others but not the velocity. 29.5 grains behind a 40 gr V-Max bullet yields consistent groups between .5 and .75 MOA in my Savage. You're right about the temperature sensitivity though - I keep some cartridges loaded with Varget for use in real hot weather.

Come to think of it I'm not sure there is a spherical powder in Hodgdon's Extreme line
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.