My primers are coming!! My primers are coming

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
majcl5

My primers are coming!! My primers are coming

Post by majcl5 »

Just got the word from Cabelas 15,000 remington 7 1/2 primers coming my way. 3 months on backorder but glad there coming. Now i am good for a few years
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: My primers are coming!! My primers are coming

Post by Captqc »

15,000, that should last awhile, now if you can just find powder and bullets! :eek: Gary
JD11
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varminter low profile

Post by JD11 »

Lucky you! I hit Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse in Billings, MT last weekend and like everyone else, their shelves were bare.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

It must be loosening up now...thank goodness. I was also able to snag several thousand Rem 7-1/2's this week. My wife who's a Purchasing Agent for a certain major bullet company here also says she sees signs of things starting to flow again, specifically primers and powder. A well known gunmaker friend of mine is now getting primers in large quantities, as well as powder, so it appears things are now on the upswing, now that the histeria has died down somewhat.

We should start seeing shelf stock improving soon, as long as guys don't see it when they walk in to the store and buy up the entire stock as has been reported in many stores. One guy saw a pallet of primers (over 50K) over the counter in the back room, purchased them all..... that does the rest of us absolutey no good at all and only promotes more hording.

If we all remain calm, don't mass-buy and regulate ourselves, we should be in good shape by this time next year.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

otter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger KM77VT MKII

Post by otter »

The shelves around here are still pretty bare, so I placed an order with Cabela's today for bullets and small rifle primers. The primers are still on backorder, but the website said they should ship within the next week or so. We'll see . . . but I ain't holding my breath.
I hope I can someday be the person my dogs think I am . . .
NRA Endowment member . . .
The only government I trust is my 45-70 Gov't . . .
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

Post by remy3424 »

JD11 wrote:One guy saw a pallet of primers (over 50K) over the counter in the back room, purchased them all.....
I hope he takes a bath on them. The Scheels stores in my are are getting primers in more often now, even the local gun shop received a small shipment recently. Everywhere that sells primers that I have been limits purchases to a brick. I won't buy another primer until I need them and I am willing to guess the price will be cheaper then also. The last to bricks I bought were $30 which doesn't seem bad, but it's doubled from 3 years ago.
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

i just got powder from natchezz and bullets from miway and grafs and sons. so yes i believe it is softening up some
Rem 700 VLSS .204
Rambler

Post by Rambler »

Thats good news for us, and I also believe that if people would just buy what they need for awhile instead of trying to hoard up the whole stock it would be better for us all, Also I don't want to have a big supply of primers on hand. I just like 1K at a time..
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

I'm with Rambler on this one. Demand went up a little and reloaders went nuts hoarding all they could get. Smart manufacturers know that the demand will level out and they did not react with more assembly lines and bigger factories. Soon primers will be abundent and sales slow because everybody will be using their hoarded stockpiles. I buy Hornady and Sierra bullets in bulk and the supply was never endangered. I bought all the powder I needed this summer as well, but not always my first choice.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

I have seen some more Hodgdon powder showing up in the stores close to me. was low on H335 and Benchmark, so i got 1lb of ea. price, i thought was a little hi, but I am very low on both, so i paid the price. $28.95 per lb + 8.25% sales tax here in Kalifornia. no 8lb jugs yet, and no primers yet either.
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

futuretrades wrote:I have seen some more Hodgdon powder showing up in the stores close to me. was low on H335 and Benchmark, so i got 1lb of ea. price, i thought was a little hi, but I am very low on both, so i paid the price. $28.95 per lb + 8.25% sales tax here in Kalifornia. no 8lb jugs yet, and no primers yet either.

Here's where I get my powder. They have H335 on hand both 1 and 8 lb jugs. A lot cheaper then what you are paying even with the haz mat tacked on. Quick shipping also. Dave
http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/
majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

I hate the hoarding but they force you to do it. I never bought more than a 1,000 primers at a time when you could get them anytime you walked into bi-mart or sportsmans. I thought they would have meet the demand and hired more people, what ever it took but if it starts getting better as we go it probably was the right move to just do there normal production. But thats probably why i am a dumb blue collar carpenter instead of a business man.
Rem 700 VLSS .204
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Post by Wrangler John »

Yep, they're being shipped around. I received 10,000 Remington 7-1/2 two weeks ago from Cabela's and 5,000 Winchester LR Primers are on their way. Bought 2,000 Federal SR Match from Bruno Supply a couple of months ago, and I understand they have a massive shipment now. Bruno knocks down $50 a 1000 though. Wolf primers are also arriving. Them squirrels are trembling in their dens.
otter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger KM77VT MKII

Post by otter »

WOW . . . I ordered 6 boxes of bullets (600 total) and 5k of small rifle primers from Cabela's last Thursday. The bullets arrived today. I just checked the status of my primer order and the tracking numbers tell me they're headed to the D.C. about 15 miles from my house. They should be here tomorrow . . . I'm still glad I didn't hold my breath and they aren't in my hands yet either! I did stop at the local supply shop yesterday and they even had SOME primers on the shelf, a few boxes of bullets and a scant supply of powder. Things might be looking up guys . . .
I hope I can someday be the person my dogs think I am . . .
NRA Endowment member . . .
The only government I trust is my 45-70 Gov't . . .
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Primers are starting to show up here in the Portland metro area. Bi-Mart has the Remington 7 1/2 in stock as of 07/30/09 but is limiting you to 400 per transaction. I picked up 1,200 which is about half what the kid and I need for next rat season. :D Let this whole shortage thing be a lesson to any gun owner out there who voted for you know who! :wall: :eew: Gary