Varmint Nightmare bullets

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Varmint Nightmare bullets

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I purchased 1500 Varmint Nightmare bullets from Midsouth shooting suply. These are the 34gr Hollow points. I was't sure if they where going to be any good. I started loading them with Ramshot Xterminator powder and got great groups with 25grs of Xtem. Then I ran out so I broke out a pound of Ramshot TAC. I looked up the specs. on the Ramshot web sight. I loaded the 34gr bullet behind 26.1grs of TAC powder in an annealed winchester case that I neck resized and a CCI primer. I shot this out of a 21 inch barrel of my Ruger Target grey off a bench. I would show you the picture but I can't get this new computor to do what I want but I got three shots in to a two hole group that cut each other in half. The 34gr Varmint Nightmare bullets are the lowest priced bullets on the market as is the winchester brass the CCI primers and the TAC powder.Image
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Re: Varmint Nightmare bullets

Post by greystone »

They're the same bullet as the Midway Dogtowns. I have both and shoot them quite a bit. For the price they are very hard to beat. Midsouth sells them under their name cheaper than Midway
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Re: Varmint Nightmare bullets

Post by Ryan S Albright »

500 bullets for $39.90 pluss $9 dollars shipping if you add more or other products to save on shipping a deal that can't be beat. Now if I could only get some brass. I have heard that these bullets shouldn't be pushed over 3800 fps which works well with the Ram Shot powders. I was afraid of not being able to get good groups with these bullets but I have no fear now.