Remington R-15 204 w/ 22" barrel

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Ryan55555
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VS SFII

Remington R-15 204 w/ 22" barrel

Post by Ryan55555 »

Hello All -

Just received my new toy and was wondering if anyone has any experience with any good handloads for these.

Thanks
broncsandwhiskey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage modle 12 LRPV

Re: Remington R-15 204 w/ 22" barrel

Post by broncsandwhiskey »

Hey Ryan you should BabaOrielys' 50gr Berger load testing in this forum. It is loaded with good info you application. Ride Up!!
RIDE UP!!!
Savage LRPV .204 With a Burris 6.5x20 Mill Dot
And alot of other savage rat killers
Ryan55555
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VS SFII

Post by Ryan55555 »

I have read BabaOrielys' 50gr Berger load testing in this forum. I agree it is some good info, I should have mentioned that my barrel has a 1 in 12" twist. I belive the 50g Berger need a faster twist than I have.

Thanks for the info, keep it coming.
landtoy80
.204 Ruger Guns: R15

Post by landtoy80 »

I have a 204 R15 with 22 barrel. I only have cheap 4X scope and have only shot it once with a box of factory ammo and a second time with a few reloads.
I used 32gr Nosler BT 28gr Varget Fed205M primer Rem brass with Hornady FL 204 die. Had a RCBS FL 204 die but returned it as I couldn't seat the bullet to COL without getting into the crimp. The Hornady die is 'more better'.

Had no problem cycling or feeding so at this point in time I don't need small base die.
Now that I know the load works with the R15 I can start dialing in the scope.

So far the only thing I don't like about the R15 is the spring noise from the spring in the stock. I will try a piston in place of the spring at some point in time.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

"So far the only thing I don't like about the R15 is the spring noise from the spring in the stock. I will try a piston in place of the spring at some point in time"

Welcome to the world of AR-15s :lol: :lol: . That's just what they do, and I don't think anyone's "fixed" that yet, and I can't conceive how anyone would do so, and still keep them reliable.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
landtoy80
.204 Ruger Guns: R15

Post by landtoy80 »

glenn asher wrote:"So far the only thing I don't like about the R15 is the spring noise from the spring in the stock. I will try a piston in place of the spring at some point in time"

Welcome to the world of AR-15s :lol: :lol: . That's just what they do, and I don't think anyone's "fixed" that yet, and I can't conceive how anyone would do so, and still keep them reliable.
Bushmaster Enidine Hydraulic Buffer/Rate Reducer
A drop-in replacement for standard buffers - with units designed for either rifles or carbines. This rugged "shock absorber" will add reliability to your AR, reduce felt recoil, improve accuracy and protect your optics from excessive shock. For Full Auto guns, they'll bring firing rate down to a very manageable level, and smooth out the functioning of the gun. Bushmaster installs them in our short barreled Full Auto models. Quality alloy steels with a black oxide finish; action rod is nickel plated for smooth operation. Rear "bumper" is molded black polyurethane.

Options: Carbines or Rifles

The new STAG 3L doesn't make a "twang" noise. It does have the collapsible stock though.