Nosler 32

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
ulen mn
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Nosler 32

Post by ulen mn »

Just wondering if anyone has used these and how they perfomed. The picture shows that the are a boatailed bullet, will this increase their accracy?? Thanks to all that answer
Rick AKA Ulen MN
NRA Life Member
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Nosler 32

Post by glenn asher »

They'll ruin a prairie dog's day, I can promise you that :D . They shoot well in my Savage and my CZ, too, almost, but not quite as well as the Hornady 32s.
I loaded a few for South Dakota last spring, and they did as expected, they made things go splat without any qualms or dramas.
For whatever reason the luck fairy was with me, and they shot to the same POI as the other 32s and 34s do in that Savage rifle, everything goes to the same place, and within 300 yards, no misses from any differences(between the 32s) were noted. All told, I think any differences are miniscule at best.
They kill prairie dogs sized stuff really dead. The only thing I noticed about having a boattail, was that they were somewhat easier to load in the case, and maybe I missed pinching a finger or two when seating them.
Maybe that's why I bought another 250 last week :chin: it sure wasn't the price.......
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

I've used the nosler 32's and they do just as well as the 32 V-max with the same point of impact.
Savage Vaporizer
YoteSmoker
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varminter

Post by YoteSmoker »

The 32 B-Tip shot very lousy in my CZ Varminter but the 32 V-max is wicked accurate!

The 40 B-Tip shoots MUCH better than the 40 V-Max in my rifle and within 1/2" POI of the 32 V-max. H322 for the 32/ H335 for the 40 B-Tip is what works for me.
Bunnybuster
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger No. 1

Post by Bunnybuster »

The boat tail decreases air drag, as reflected in a higher ballistic coeffiecient. It will have less loss of velcoity, (thus more energy at longer ranges), and less wind drift due to the higher velocity, and corresponding lower time in flight.

The boat tail does not, in and of itself increase accuracy.
YoteSmoker
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varminter

Post by YoteSmoker »

Boattails offer no real advantage inside of 300 yards. In fact, there are some advantages to a flat base up to 300 yards. Shoot what is most accurate.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Yote: Yep, fact. In fact if you look at the bullets the BR guys use in competition, you'll very seldom, if ever see a boatail bullet in their loading blocks.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails