RE-10x

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
cshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: 77 MK 2 standard sporter

RE-10x

Post by cshooter »

I've heard that RE-10x is not the same powder it was when it came out, that some guys were haveing to adjust loads from different ages of powder. My rifle really seems to like RE-10x but I'm about out of the couple pounds I got a couple years ago and was wondering if I bought a few more pounds of new powder if I would have to adjust my load ? Or maybe just find a different powder that will stay the same ? ( like H4895, ect.)
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Re: RE-10x

Post by skipper »

As long as you buy powder from the same lot as the can you already have, everything should be O.K. However, if you change lot numbers of any reloading component, not just powder, it's always a good idea to back off and work up to your previous load again. Sometimes manufacturers make changes from lot to lot. Be safe and work your load up again if you change lot numbers.

I use RE-10X and have been able to find powder of the same lot for quite some time now, locally.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

cshooter,

I pm'd one of the real senior members (whom I really respect) with a similar question last year. He got almost cranky explaining to me that he changed powder after having a problem. Since I didn't have a problem and my groups were great, why in heck would I change from something that worked so well. Made me think, and I still am using the old load and I've used two more lots of powder with no problems. If I don't have a problem I won't change.

39 Sierra BK's
24.8gr R10X
BR-4 primers
WW brass

Safe and extremely accurate in 8 rifles that I know. We shoot prairie dogs so I load in large quantities-never a problem with this load.
Frank

Post by Frank »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... heard that somewhere before!

There is no better powder for the 204 than RL10X from the hundreds of rounds & too numerous of loads (& powders) I've tested in the last 2 1/2 yrs... Especially with the 39gr Sierra bullet!

Good Luck

Frank
THE BEST VACATIONS ARE WHEN SOMETHING DIES... FISHING ETC
Ahab
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Contender Hvy. barrel, Savage 112

Post by Ahab »

Frank wrote:If it ain't broke, don't fix it... heard that somewhere before!

There is no better powder for the 204 than RL10X from the hundreds of rounds & too numerous of loads (& powders) I've tested in the last 2 1/2 yrs... Especially with the 39gr Sierra bullet!

Good Luck

Frank

Amen! :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment
Arizona Antelope Foundation
Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society