Ultrasonic Case Cleaning

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Ultrasonic Case Cleaning

Post by greystone »

Has anyone tried this method of case cleaning. Here's a link to what I'm talking about. Thanks.
Dave
http://www.6mmbr.com/ultrasonic.html
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: Ultrasonic Case Cleaning

Post by Silverfox »

Yes, I use the "Clean and Shiny" method. If you do a search over there, you will find lots of suggestions for improving the cleaning fluids too.

Here's a photo of my not-so-neat setup. I have a laundry sink to the right of where this is set up with hot and cold running water that I also use in the rinsing process.

I do a thorough drying job on the casings by using old towels to roll them on and then I use an old hair dryer and blow air into the mouth end for a while and also through the primer hole as well. You have to be a wee bit careful when using the blow dryer on high because you might blow the casings off the towel. Here's a photo of 135 ultrasonically cleaned .17 Remington casings.

Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

Silverfox-Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of being able to get the cases cleaned both inside and out. I think I'm going to try it. Dave
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

greystone--My casings got really nice a squeaky clean. One fellow who cleans his casings this way uses dry lube on the inside of the necks because he feels the insides of the necks causes too much drag/friction on the bullets. I have done it both ways and haven't noticed any difference, but I now use a small amount of dry lube on the inside of the necks on squeaky clean brass. I apply the dry lube with a nylon bore brush.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
TikkaT3

Post by TikkaT3 »

I have the same cleaner and was wondering if you fill the stainless tank with water at all?

I fill mine and submerge the beaker in it but dont let it sit on the bottom.

Cheers,

TikkaT3.
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

TikkaT3--I use warm water in the SS tub. I have a holder with cutouts that the beakers sit in and that keeps the beakers up off the bottom of the tank.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox