How deep is to deep ???

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
MLB44

How deep is to deep ???

Post by MLB44 »

hello

I have a question, I purchased the forster DBT and sinclair small rifle/pistol uniformer plus the adapter, then proceeded to uniform some 204 brass without sore fingers :D. I had done about ten or so when I decided to seat a primer, First off it took a little less effort to seat the primer and it seemed deeper, tried a few more then decaped all felt the same. I measured the depth of cut on the RCBS hand uniformer it was .117 and the sinclair was .120 For some reason the sinclair makes um look like there untouchable by the firing pin. I treid to different primers rem 7 1/2 and fed 205m. The federal 205s where even eaiser to seat almost to easy. I also checked to see if the DBT was running true and it is, no wobble. Win brass

Any suggestions ???

Matt
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Re: How deep is to deep ???

Post by greystone »

I use the Sinclair with both 7 1/2's and CCI br-4's with Remington cases without any problems. I like the tool. Dave
Bunnybuster
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger No. 1

Re: How deep is to deep ???

Post by Bunnybuster »

The spec is 0.118 to 0.122, so the 0.120 sounds right.

So long as your firing pin is actually set up right, with correct protrusion, and a good spring, you should be fine, with the 0120 depth. Only way to know for sure is to fire some.