39g SBK in the lands or jumping.

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Larry Morrison
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper 21

39g SBK in the lands or jumping.

Post by Larry Morrison »

How does your rifle shoot these bullets best? In the lands or jumped?
Thanks.
Larry
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: 39g SBK in the lands or jumping.

Post by glenn asher »

"Jumped" is probably best, with the long factory throats, it's probably all you can manage, anyway :D and the .204 has been doing pretty well, even with the bullets at factory seating depth, oddly enough.

Skipper has a benchgun built with a custom barrel and reamed with a custom reamer, no freebore, he can elaborate on THAT rifle, but the factory rifles seem to work well with a little jump (and it keeps pressures down).
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Steve V
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint, Ruger 77 V/T

Post by Steve V »

Both of my 204s like to shoot loads that fit the magazines. I read it right here, when I first got my CZ, that most were having good luck with loading to magazine length, so that's how I loaded my ammo and it works out well. Just acquired a Ruger 77V/T and it seems to like to shoot bullets well off the lands also. Both guns shoot the same load of 39 gr BlitzKings over IMR 4895 real well.
Larry Morrison
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper 21

Post by Larry Morrison »

Well the bullets finally arrived. This is a Cooper Phoenix single shot. I had no trouble getting to the lands and still have a about a caliber in the neck. My intent is to try some Kissing, .010 in and .010 out. Will be about about the month till I can test as my local public range just shut down for repairs. Thanks for the info gentlemen.
Larry