I need CCI BR4 primers

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

I need CCI BR4 primers

Post by Va varminter »

I have looked everywhere. And all over the net. Is there a little known site I should look at. Or is there another primer I can use which is very similar?
http://www.fairtax.org
Election day can't get here soon enough.
the_right_reverend
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER KM77VT MKII

Re: I need CCI BR4 primers

Post by the_right_reverend »

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....Image
Arizona Hunter

Post by Arizona Hunter »

If you can't get the BR4 you might try the CCI 450. Last year I had the choice of both at Cabelas in Phoenix and chose the 450's (not sure why)-they have been 100% reliable and accuracy is awesome.
freestate101
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 American

Post by freestate101 »

VA Varminter, not sure where in VA your located, but Clark Brothers in Warrenton had then 2 weeks ago when I was there.

Jim Berry
K_Hini

Post by K_Hini »

I just bought a 1000 for $5.99 at the local GMountain store!!! The person at the counter screwed up I thought something was wrong but didn't notice it til I was on my way!! Feel a little guilty but what do you do

kyle
Last edited by K_Hini on Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
freestate101
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 American

Post by freestate101 »

What I would do...Go back to the store and rectify the mistake, I would feel much better with that decision than with knowing that someone who has to fork over his hard earned money to make up the difference.

Jim Berry
Arizona Hunter

Post by Arizona Hunter »

Me, I would go back and point out the billing error. I have a small business and I really appreciate it when customers do this for me. Another thing, when those same customers tell me I shorted them on something I believe them.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

K_Hini wrote:Feel a little guilty but what do you do
kyle
I think you answered your own question...

Go back and fix it for cripe's sake!!!

:wall: :evil: :wall:
K_Hini

Post by K_Hini »

went and talked to them tonight they said thanks for your honesty and stuff they charged me the price that they were running at the time 45.99 minus the 20% and the 5.99 I already paid.

I feel alittle better. I hope they are worth every dime!!!

kyle
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Kyle--You certainly did the right thing! I congratulate you on being a stand-up man. Lots of folks in this world would not have done what you did.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

Silverfox wrote:Kyle--You certainly did the right thing! I congratulate you on being a stand-up man. Lots of folks in this world would not have done what you did.
Most folks would have righted the wrong before they left the store. it wouldn't take anyone who has ever bought primers but a few seconds to know there was a pricing problem.

JMO - BCB
Arizona Hunter

Post by Arizona Hunter »

You did the right thing :D Kyle, that shows honesty and integrity-things which cannot be purchased at any price.
K_Hini

Post by K_Hini »

anyway back to varminter's question.

I am not sure what primer would be comparable I have been using WSR primers and the last load I was shooting I had pierced the primer and thought I should try something with a thicker cup. Thats when I bought the br4 primers. I worked up a load with h4895 and rem7 1/2 primers to see if they will handle the higher pressures that the 204 brings. I would like to know if there is any difference between the 7 1/2 and the cci br4 of 450's (other than price).

Here is a website that has a chart on cup thickness if that helps any.
http://www.jamescalhoon.com/primers_and_pressure.php

I am new to this whole thing I always thought primers were primers until I read that article. I will be saving the WSR for my.223 and the 204 loads that I already have that can handle the that primer.

kyle
Arizona Hunter

Post by Arizona Hunter »

Very important article. This is the article that got me onto thicker primers.
I exclusivly use the CCI 450 now but had been using the Rem 6 1/2 (not 7 1/2). With BLC2 I was getting pierced primers at 29.5 gr. and wondered why-now I know why. Anyway made the swith to 450's and RL15 powder great combo for 32 & 40 V-Max. Never have gone back and tried the 450 primers with the BLC2 and 29.5 or 30 gr to see if they do/don't get pierced.