calhoon bullets

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

calhoon bullets

Post by crazy2medic »

found that the 33gr calhoons shoot to the same poa as the 35gr bergers out of my rifle, I'm ordering 500 of them, has anybody ordered from the calhoon manuf. before and how long did take to get your order?
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!
bushymonster
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Contender 204 Fluted 24" Match Grade Beauty

Re: calhoon bullets

Post by bushymonster »

I bought some at the Tulsa Gun Show from HSSM and I don't know about them yet. It's a great concept and if it does what they say it will blow up in impact and if you fur they might be worth trying, if you're getting good groups. There will be no exit hole. I don't think it would exit a squirrel. Again my two cents.
Bushy :wink: :chin:
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

You gotta call him to order them, right? Ask him then about delivery dates :D

I finally got some of the .224" 37gr. DHPs to shoot in my .223, but I haven't had any luck with them in my Fireball yet. I don't know if it was the danged cold, or just dumb luck, but I eaked out some decent groups with them today. I haven't had any luck with them previously, but today, they wanted to shoot. I might just assemble some of them for the springtime PD shoot, just for fun. That big hollowpointed nose won't feed from one side of my Savages, though, they'll have to be single fed. Perfectly fine for PDs, of course. I just hope the wind isn't blowing TOOO hard.............
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

Post by crazy2medic »

took a week! they arrived today! 500rds of the 33gr dbl hollow points! mailed the letter last friday! now that is service!
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!