Redding Bullet Seating Micrometer #9085

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
oldfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger American Predator

Redding Bullet Seating Micrometer #9085

Post by oldfox »

Have been thinking about replacing my Redding bullet seating plug with the Redding Bullet Seating Micrometer #9085 replacement plug for a bit more control on my bullet seating. Anyone with any input as to pros or cons? Worth the extra cost...about $39 ?
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Re: Redding Bullet Seating Micrometer #9085

Post by RAMOS »

For rifles that get loaded with more than one particular bullet, I have grown to love the micrometer dies. Keep good written records and changes become super-simple. I have Redding, Wilson & Wilson w/Sinclair micro-tops. They are all slightly different but, all three brands are a joy to use. For less precise rifles that we only use one particular bullet in, I just get the standard FL Redding die set.
oldfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger American Predator

Post by oldfox »

RAMOS wrote:For rifles that get loaded with more than one particular bullet, I have grown to love the micrometer dies. Keep good written records and changes become super-simple. I have Redding, Wilson & Wilson w/Sinclair micro-tops. They are all slightly different but, all three brands are a joy to use. For less precise rifles that we only use one particular bullet in, I just get the standard FL Redding die set.
Thanks Ramos. I have been playing around with several bullets..it's the main reason I was considering a micrometer replacement..
TEXAS222
.204 Ruger Guns: custom build AR 15-Rem 700 .204 VARMINT- .204 Kimber Pro Var

Post by TEXAS222 »

I love my micrometer seating dies although mine are Forster. Greatly helps when you find the right bullet/powder combination and want to play with seating depths. Jim D