CFE223 & Hornady factory 40gr 204

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
littlebass
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Contender Custom Shop 23"

CFE223 & Hornady factory 40gr 204

Post by littlebass »

I know it's been discussed numerous times here and other places, but wandering if anyone has actually compared the powder from factory Horn 204 loads to CFE223 now that it's available on the
market? All mentions I found were speculating this but the powder wasn't available yet to physically compare. Im loading for a TC Contender that loves just about anything you feed it, but will almost always put the factory 40gr load inside .4" without fail. I live to be able to replicate that load. Thought I'd check here before I go buy a bottle. Thanks
Darkker
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Predator

Re: CFE223 & Hornady factory 40gr 204

Post by Darkker »

littlebass wrote:I know it's been discussed numerous times here and other places, but wandering if anyone has actually compared the powder from factory Horn 204 loads to CFE223 now that it's available on the
market? All mentions I found were speculating this but the powder wasn't available yet to physically compare. Im loading for a TC Contender that loves just about anything you feed it, but will almost always put the factory 40gr load inside .4" without fail. I live to be able to replicate that load. Thought I'd check here before I go buy a bottle. Thanks
The last time I pulled apart factory 204 ammo it was filled with Extruded powder. The stuporformance factory ammo is also an extruded powder, which btw, IS NOT the superformance powder that you CAN buy.
I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.