Best accuracy - polymer tipped or small hollow point?

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
jo191145

Re: Best accuracy - polymer tipped or small hollow point?

Post by jo191145 »

moorepower wrote:The 105 A-max once held both the 600 and 1000 yd bench rest records. I think the 1000 yd record remains.

moorepower
I would'nt doubt that. I have a 243W 8 twist that has printed a few 1's with those bullets at 100yds during load development.
Took that barrel off to try my first 6BR 8 twist. Should get around to trying that 243 again as I never had great success with the BR 8"

As a short ranger I'm not familiar with LR so I did a little searching.
Seems theres a hundred different ways to hold a LR world record.
I found an excerpt from 2003 about a shooter breaking records with the Amax. Good for him.
Checked NBRSA and IBS and it seems those records are vanquished but I did'nt check hard.
Did'nt bother trying to find the equipment lists from the listed record holders either.

I've also seen photos from an Australia/Africa gent with a handful of Amax's that were so physically deformed I would'nt dream of shooting them.
I sometimes wonder if our US manufactures have a bad run if they don't send that stuff across the ocean. Noticed the severest reports of subpar components coming from far away lands.
Maybe an unscrupulos distributor buying seconds and selling them as top shelf? Just an evil thought.

Bottom line is shoot whatever works best for you. Thats what we all do.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .